Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boycott Skully's; Forget BP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Boycott Skully’s; Forget BP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Meh. Treehouse does it all the time. Never bothered me in the least. Perhaps I’m just not all sensitive like that though. ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

so a bouncer came up to just you, got in your face, pushed your shoulder and told you to “GET THE FUCK OUT!”?
    I’m not overly sensitive, but that is not good customer service.

Cookie

lifeliberty wrote >>
    so a bouncer came up to just you, got in your face, pushed your shoulder and told you to “GET THE FUCK OUT!”?

Most importantly, tell us how old and attractive this bouncer was.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

Most importantly, tell us how old and attractive this bouncer was.

keeping with Snarf, think Patrick Swayze or Sam Elliott

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

No. Nobody ever pushed me. And I’m talking about bartenders, not bouncers. But coming through the bar yelling at people to listen up drink up and get the fuck (hell, shit, whatever) out…sure. And honestly some nights by 215 in the morning, I wouldn’t have heard or noticed them shooing me out any other way.

But knowing the OP and how he generally reacts/responds to issues, I’m solidly taking that account with more than one grain of salt and assuming there’s another side to the story.

And remember…according to the OP, it would’ve been fine if the “bouncer” was decent looking. Big fat whatever.

And I’ll be at Skully’s Saturday if anyone cares to join. :)

lifeliberty
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    No. Nobody ever pushed me. And I’m talking about bartenders, not bouncers. But coming through the bar yelling at people to listen up drink up and get the fuck (hell, shit, whatever) out…sure. And honestly some nights by 215 in the morning, I wouldn’t have heard or noticed them shooing me out any other way.
    But knowing the OP and how he generally reacts/responds to issues, I’m solidly taking that account with more than one grain of salt and assuming there’s another side to the story.
    And remember…according to the OP, it would’ve been fine if the “bouncer” was decent looking.

I understand all of that, BELIEVE ME, I do, and i totally agree.
    my postings here are not in defense of of OP (there are always 2 sides)as much as a disagreement with some customer service skills people have. yelling to a bar is one thing, but to me directly I would see as a whole other matter.

JedThorp

osulew wrote >>

I’ll be the guy at the bar, likely having “Get the fuck out!” screamed in my face. Frankly, at this point, I’ll be disappointed if someone DOESN’T tell me to “get the fuck out!”

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

JedThorp wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

I’ll be the guy at the bar, likely having “Get the fuck out!” screamed in my face. Frankly, at this point, I’ll be disappointed if someone DOESN’T tell me to “get the fuck out!”

Post a pic. I’ll find you and scream at you till I’m hoarse and yer cryin if you want me too.

Then we’ll both Yelp review it.

Shit’s gonna be rad.

groundrules
    Participant

can I write a yelp review of this thread?

Columbusite

I’ve only been to bars in Toronto, Montreal, Madrid, Barcelona, etc and somehow never experienced anything close. Just saying.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

hmm… comparing Skully’s to BP?

the food isn’t THAT greasy

Cookie

Columbusite wrote >>
    I’ve only been to bars in Toronto, Montreal, Madrid, Barcelona, etc and somehow never experienced anything close. Just saying.

I hope you found your monocle after it popped out.

cc

Columbusite wrote >>

You might have misunderstood the cultural subtleties.

Foutez le camp! – french

Lárgate! – Spanish

Get the Fawk Out! AY! – canadian

groundrules
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    hmm… comparing Skully’s to BP?

No Worries. I think we’ll still be able to hang out with Lew. Saturday they’re calling for thunderstorms.

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

I think it’s all in how you say Get the Fuck Out, Drunkie!

When Dean or Aaron says it to me at Dick’s Den after last call, it sounds a tad wistful perhaps even loving.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION