Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bossy Grrl's Pin Up Joint

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bossy Grrl's Pin Up Joint

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

bossygrrl

I am busy cleaning and making the space at 2598 N. High Street beautiful before bringing in the equipment for my coffee and beer cafe coming to the Old North Columbus/North Campus or So. Clintonville area in February.

Bossy Grrl’s Pin Up Joint will feature everything I love about life: coffee, beer and beautiful women. The Pin Up theme is a personal fav as well and I hope to see the lovely ladies of Columbus coming in wearing classic pin up styles. Of course if you aren’t sure how to get that classic look you can always visit Vanessa or Laura at Rendezvous next door. More to come on themed nights and menu…

Love and Kisses,

Bossy Grrl

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Very cool!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

This has potential to be in my top 3 of Columbus coffee.

Looking forward to this; we will definitely stop in once you are up and running! It will be great to have a cool place to get coffee that happens to be just around the corner from home!

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

Yay! I can’t wait to walk down& check it out. See you in February! Keep us posted :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

There is nothing about this that doesn’t sound totally awesome!

News
    Participant

Bossy Grrl’s Pin Up Joint Coming to Old North Columbus
    Published on January 7, 2013 10:30 am
    By: Walker

There’s some scantily clad women coming soon to 2598 North High Street. Bossy Girrl’s Pin Up Joint is planning to open in February, offering the Old North Columbus neighborhood a new spot for coffee, beer and late night eats. As the name implies, the venue is being decked out in a pin-up art theme that should stand out quite a bit from the other businesses in the immediate vicinity.

We spoke recently with Bossy Grrl co-owner Amber Myers to find out more about the new business:

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bossy-grrls-pin-up-joint

Seriously amped to see what this place is like. If its anywhere near as nice as Cafe Apropos than we’ll be frequenters! Best of luck!

Awesome. Pretty excited for this.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

TheNatePatrick said:
    Seriously amped to see what this place is like. If its anywhere near as nice as Cafe Apropos than we’ll be frequenters! Best of luck!

you mean laptopistan?

joev
    Participant

Am I the only one cringing at the intentional misspelling of “Girl’s?” Also, “sandwiches.”

roy
    Participant

joev said:
    Am I the only one cringing at the intentional misspelling of “Girl’s?” Also, “sandwiches.”

I think the misspellings are intended to distract from the direct appropriation/ripoff of two popular High Street spots, sister restaurants Surly Girl and Betty’s. Surly opened with a popular spicy peanut butter sandwich that gave a menu nod to Elvis and Betty’s pinup girl theme is well known. I guess these kind of copycat ‘grrl’ places are flattery but somehow it doesn’t feel flattering at all.

Seriously, opening Bossy Girl a mile or two down the road from Surly Girl and then not even acknowledge what you’ve done, really?

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

roy said:
    I think the misspellings are intended to distract from the direct appropriation/ripoff of two popular High Street spots, sister restaurants Surly Girl and Betty’s. Surly opened with a popular spicy peanut butter sandwich that gave a menu nod to Elvis and Betty’s pinup girl theme is well known. I guess these kind of copycat ‘grrl’ places are flattery but somehow it doesn’t feel flattering at all.

Seriously, opening Bossy Girl a mile or two down the road from Surly Girl and then not even acknowledge what you’ve done, really?

I see you failed to read the interview:

Q: So, tell us a bit more about the theme of Bossy Grrl.

A: Bossy Grrl’s Pin Up Joint is a mix of classic and neo pin up. Bossy Grrl is Sandy’s stage name. She has since retired from performing, but still runs a local burlesque troupe, Sex Kitten Purr-lesque. We are trying to capture that sexy, flirty, fun style that burlesque dancers and rockabilly culture offer up. Pin curled hair, pompadours, corsets, pencil skirts, cuffed blue jeans and a good mustache wax are all things that just make us smile and we want to share those smiles with good friends at our joint. As we grow the business we plan to host burlesque shows and feature other local talent that blends with our rockabilly/pin up theme.

myliftkk
    Participant

joev said:

Rest assured the name will be misspelled from their intended spelling continuously in the media. ;)

There’s some scantily clad women coming soon to 2598 North High Street. Bossy [b]Girrl’s[/b] Pin Up Joint is planning to open in February, offering the Old North Columbus neighborhood a new spot for coffee, beer and late night eats.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

myliftkk said:
    Rest assured the name will be misspelled from their intended spelling continuously in the media. ;)

Doh! Fixed! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: