Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author

bzarcher
    Participant

I’ve been trying to hit BonoPizza at least once a month all summer. I was in a couple weeks ago and finally tried the Cherry Bomb – it was great, but I actually didn’t think it was as spicy as all the warnings had psyched me up for.

cbus11

Pizza is great! It is not donatos or domino’s :( (choreographed delivery)expect to wait. It seems a not ready for prime time, lack of business savy, pizza with a very good (delicious) to eat taste. I will spread the word. In the long run I think they need to to think more on terms of what the customer thinks (aka wants). I think they may need to partner with someone to get the complete package (as far as what is expected of a business in current times).

Rockmastermike
    Participant

bzarcher wrote >>
    I’ve been trying to hit BonoPizza at least once a month all summer. I was in a couple weeks ago and finally tried the Cherry Bomb – it was great, but I actually didn’t think it was as spicy as all the warnings had psyched me up for.

They can make it hotter by request. I mean if you really want that kind of pain. I get a hankerin’ for it every now and then. I usually regret it later, but it’s SO GOOD.

mbeaumont
    Participant

We stopped by last night on the Tuesday Night Ride. 20-some cyclists and Peggy and team did an incredible job of accommodating all of us. Almost ashamed to say this was my first visit to the new location and the pizza is as good as ever.

Love the vibe. Patio was way more intimate and relaxing than a carryout parking lot has any right to be. Had the carbonara: DELICIOUS.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I thought they weren’t open til wed?

Anonymous
    Inactive

GoodGoogaMooga! My new commute takes me through Grandview, so I’ve been exploring… That was an amazing experience and the pizza was unsurpassed! I’m guessing I’ll drag every “foodie” I can to that dinkie little room. WOW!

catnfiddle
    Participant

It’s only a short while until the patio is warm enough for outdoor pizza dining!

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    It’s only a short while until the patio is warm enough for outdoor pizza dining!

Hooray!!!

DavidF
    Participant

Love that place!

News
    Participant

bonoPizza Founders Switching to Tacos
    Published on January 14, 2013 9:40 am
    By: Walker

You may know Bill and Peggy Yerkes as the brains behind bonoPizza on Northwest Boulevard, but the couple recently decided that its time to move on to their next dining adventure.

“As of the other day, Peg and I ended our involvement in bono completely,” said Bill. “It is, however, still being operated.”

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bonopizza-founders-switching-to-tacos

buckette13

He had been talking about this for awhile, it will be interesting to see what comes of it. Bill isn’t the kind to stay in one place for very long.

buckette13

Stopped in this evening and bonoPizza still rocks even if Bill and Peggy have moved on.

Of note, a food truck has also moved into the parking lot.

Dr. Mom’s Tasty Bites

http://www.facebook.com/DrMomsTastyBites

Too full to try anything out…

catnfiddle
    Participant

I adore Jake and am CRAZY excited for his taking the helm. If anyone could replace Bill and Peggy, it is he. He’s also a fun conversationalist when you’re waiting for your takeout and trying to avoid drooling on the counter.

th0m
    Participant

I can’t believe that Jake remembers my name every time I go. Admittedly I was an addict for a while and was in like every other day, so it isn’t entirely too crazy, but still, shows he cares! I brought my brother in the other day, and they were all super swell.

Pro Se
    Participant

Called this evening to put in an order and got a voicemail recording saying they would resume operations at an undetermined date/time. Had tried them before Xmas and got a recorded message saying to try back later, which wasn’t encouraging. Too bad-had heard good things and was eager to try them out…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION