Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    Gaffe-prone? They weren’t responsible for SNT having inadequately heated ovens.

No – but they could have checked into it before making an annoucement – formally or informally.

There are plenty of other good businesses out there for me to support. You can do as you please, but I won’t be eating there, just out of frustration at their ineptitude at keeping the place running, despite a following other businesses would kill for.

lifeliberty
    Participant

the place in Gview is still up and running, that has not changed.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

I don’t see this as ineptitude on the part of Bono; they were approached by Short North Tavern to come in on Mon/Tues when they (Bono) are usually closed. The fact that they are still open in their regular location and regular hours doesn’t seem to me that they have bad business practices. And, from what I understand, the old pizza oven was tested prior, the decision to buy a new oven was a SNT decision.

ETA: Please note, I am in no way pointing my finger or blaming SNT. The original arrangement was to benefit both Bono and SNT. SNT owner is a long-time fan of Bono pizza and this was his way of brining it back to the Short North.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Having been to Napoli, I can say that Bono is on par with the best pizza in the world. It’s obvious that Bill learned a lot about pizza when he was living there. On the other hand it’s obvious that he learned a lot about running businesses in Napoli too :-)

As for “shoulda done this, shouldna done that” I don’t care really. Bill has been pretty upfront about being a freak and not being a businessman. It’s not going to keep me from going to his place, and if he gets his shit together enough to operate a few nights a week at the SNT, I’ll get pizza far more often. If JoeV doesn’t feel the same way, then that’s all good with me, I’ll just have his slice.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

They still rocking the crepes? Finally have a good excuse to check them out.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

they were rockin’ the crepes last time I was there not that long ago.

DavidF
    Participant

We were there Saturday and the crepes were still there. Still my favorite pizza.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Thanks. Are they still closing earlier if the run out? Will I be safe trying to pop in around 8-8:30 on Saturday for dessert?

DavidF
    Participant

That I’m not sure about. They didn’t seem to be in any danger of closing early last Saturday.

catnfiddle
    Participant

It never hurts to give a call. Peggy laughs whenever she answers the phone and I yell, “You’re still open! YAY!!!!”

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I’ll get the number off the thread…if it’s here. If not can someone post it?

Taking a date out Saturday, might need some time to kill between dinner and movie. Figured awesome dessert would be good.

catnfiddle
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    I’ll get the number off the thread…if it’s here. If not can someone post it?
    Taking a date out Saturday, might need some time to kill between dinner and movie. Figured awesome dessert would be good.

(614) 906-8646

AMEEKER
    Participant

Bono is part of the 5xNW Pizza Crawl this Tuesday, Aug. 3 from 6-9PM. Meet at the Kroger on Chambers and Northwest.
    http://www.fifthbynorthwest.org/2010/07/can-you-pizza-crawl/

Looks good, huh!?

buckeye212

Moving in across the street from Sporano’s was a risky move…

But since you say it’s so good I’m gonna give it a try:)

matija

My wife and I stopped in several weeks ago and had the meal of our life. We met Peggy and she asked us if we wanted to watch our pizza being cooked. That was very cool. They were doing turtle crepes and they were so good that I’m drooling now just remembering them.

I can’t stress enough how amazing both the food and the people are. Do yourself a huge favor and get there, bring friends, and make an evening of it.

A few things; bring your patience, they have a small oven that cooks one at a time. The good news is that their oven is properly fired and cooks a pie in about 2-3 minutes. I’m no stranger to wood fired ovens and its not easy to maintain the heat they do and still cook right.
    Next, this isn’t Bravo, Brio, Due Amici. Though the pizzas are better then anything these guys might produce, it’s not a well-oiled machine. The people are gracious, and passionate and the pizzas are superlative. So, leave any pretensions at the door and settle in for a truly unique experience

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION