Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

bono Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining bono Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nitsud Regnifloh wrote >>
    isnt this the same board that chastises people for eating unhealthy food and endorses making your own on a regular?

While some individuals may have said things like that in the past, I don’t think the entire community on CU has ever come together to have one uniform voice on any topic.

SunnySt.

Bono is the bomb. Loved it in the Short North, have swung thru the Grandview spot a couple times… quality is still the same, but I’d have to agree with everyone regarding the location, it almost has it’s back to Grandview. That, and there are a reported 87 pizza places in that community to boot.

joev
    Participant

Sounds like they could use the services of a good business consultant. As inept as the business end seems, they still have a huge and vocal cheering section. Not everyone with great culinary skills is cut out for restaurant management. To be successful, those who don’t have the business skills outsource that end.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

They also need a website. No advertising and no website seems like a recipe for disaster in 2010.

I remember Jon Myers saying that in this day and age, not having a website for your business is like not having electricity. I agree.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

We were there the other night… the pizza assembly line was running full tilt crankin’ out the pies with a nice line of people ordering. Some nights are just better than others I guess. With Jake running the oven they can crank ’em out really fast now.

I was just dying for a San Rolando with added chovies that night. Totally hit the spot.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I found a facebook page for them. Didn’t know it existed!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Columbus-OH/Bono-Pizza/249374012094

gramarye
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

Nitsud Regnifloh wrote >>
    isnt this the same board that chastises people for eating unhealthy food and endorses making your own on a regular?

While some individuals may have said things like that in the past, I don’t think the entire community on CU has ever come together to have one uniform voice on any topic.

If this board had signature quotes, this would go in mine. :-)

jtwill84
    Participant

Love love love this pizza, and obviously want them to do well…but it seems to me that they’re relying solely on word of mouth to get their name out there. I know that advertising costs money, but isn’t that a necessary evil in running a business?

Oak
    Participant

I used to love their pizza too. When it was in the SN I used to get pizza to go at least once or twice a week. I hate to say it but they may have jumped the shark by moving to grandview. I know SN space is expensive – but they could have taken a page from the Late Night Pizza/Capt. Cream Cheese playbook and built a shack :)
    Joev is right: it might not be the concept that puts them out of business, but the management.

Kahiki

One counterpoint to the anti-location sentiment:

The convenience store attached to Bono Pizza has a strong selection of beverages. Last time I went, I shared a 22 oz bomber of Rogue’s Dead Guy Ale with my companion—without the typical restaurant markup.

Tigertree

I’ll echo whoever mentions social media/web integration as an issue. I’ll also say that if traditional advertising isn’t there thing, they aren’t good at it, and they can’t afford someone who is, they shouldn’t do it. Things like twitter and CU are a great way for a small business with a lot of personality to connect with their audience. Traditional print advertising, if you don’t put out a good (ad) product, isn’t necessarily going to do anything for you.

Andrew Hall

Kahiki wrote >>
    The convenience store attached to Bono Pizza has a strong selection of beverages. Last time I went, I shared a 22 oz bomber of Rogue’s Dead Guy Ale with my companion—without the typical restaurant markup.

There wasn’t any markup at the previous location either.

A.

Kahiki

Andrew Hall wrote >>

Kahiki wrote >>

There wasn’t any markup at the previous location either.
    A.

Oh! That was meant to be a comparison to other restaurants in general—I actually never got a chance to visit the previous location.

Kahiki

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel this way about Deep Wood. It saddens me to see the place less than half full. I buy as many gift cards to the place as I have occasions to give that kinda gift and tell everyone how good it is.

P.S. I don’t think your local brewery(s) would mind your support either!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION