Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

BOMA suing Corso & Gallicchio?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife BOMA suing Corso & Gallicchio?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

gramarye
    Participant

Coremodels wrote I had never seen the “diversity” jurisdiction thing, so looked it up. I’m trying to figure out how it applies, unless this JB Multimedia is out of state…but who the hell are they anyways?!?

I’ll venture into law-nerdery for a moment.

If even one party on both sides of this complaint is an Ohio citizen, it actually could not have been filed in federal court. That means that if even one plaintiff and one defendant–including corporate persons–are from Ohio, it should have been confined to state court. This is called the “complete diversity” requirement. Since both BOMA and Corso & Gallichio are Ohio persons, it needed to be filed in state court.

However … it actually was. The case was actually originally filed in the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas (08 cvh 56689). It was removed to federal court on June 27. By that time, Corso, Gallichio, and Corso and Gallichio Ventures LLC has all been dropped from the suit (they were dropped on May 28th). I presume that means that there were only out-of-state defendants left: Disco Productions and “Disco Donnie.” Disco Productions is a Louisiana corporation. No clue w/r/t “Disco Donnie,” but I guess he’s not from around here.

Last, but certainly not least: the case has already been dismissed. BOMA & co. voluntarily dismissed their own complaint on July 7. The dismissal was without prejudice, so they could refile later. No responsive pleadings were ever filed, so we’ll never know how Disco Productions and Disco Donnie might have responded (unless, of course, this comes back).

Anyway, for those still awake after my somewhat discombobulated civil procedure lesson, the actual counts in the complaint were tortious interference with a prospective business relationship and tortious interference with contract.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

gramarye wrote

Anyway, for those still awake after my somewhat discombobulated civil procedure lesson…

*loud snoring is heard from the back of the class*

Ndcent

Well boo to you for spoiling all this good drama, Gram.

Any updates on the top shelf liqour scandal over at what the fuck it’s called steakhouse?

gramarye
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote

gramarye wrote

Anyway, for those still awake after my somewhat discombobulated civil procedure lesson…

*loud snoring is heard from the back of the class*

You’re more ready for law school than you think. :D :lol:

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Disco actually reads C/U and has posted here before I believe…

http://www.columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17668

gramarye
    Participant

I remember … he actually has a thread where he just updates the first post all the time with new Disco events. I think I ended up on one of his e-mail lists somehow, too … probably something I unknowingly signed up for when I bought my ticket to Armin @ Sugar off groovetickets, since he seems to have some kind of relationship with that site.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Actually, a really fascinating back story on Donnie Disco (including a movie):

http://www.jivemagazine.com/article.php?pid=104

kessler
    Participant

Good to hear this is done, and hopefully over!

I used to work with Mike G back in the day, pre-bar owner etc. I wish him all the luck in the world. He’s a good guy! Awesome DJ as well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dunno how this managed to get overlooked, but is from three weeks ago in Business First:

Business First wrote Bar fight breaks out over DJ shows

Friday, July 4, 2008

by Doug Buchanan

Sugar and Spice are anything but nice to the folks at the Bar of Modern Art. The high-profile bars are fighting in court over, of all things, disc jockey bookings.

The Bar of Modern Art is claiming in a Franklin County Common Pleas Court lawsuit that the Spice Bar, Sugar Bar and its agents have been responsible for show cancellations at the East Broad Street nightspot, and continue to bad-mouth the bar with national DJ booking agencies.

According to the lawsuit, Aaron Miller, who booked DJ events for Bar of Modern Art, got disc jockey Richard Vission for a show this year through AM Only Inc., a New York-based agency that represents DJs from across the country.

But defendants Chris Corso and Mike Gallicchio, owners of the Sugar and Spice bars and the Park Street Patio, and booking agent James Estopinal, aka Disco Donnie, got the show canceled, the suit says, and Vission appeared at Sugar Bar the week after he was to have performed at the Bar of Modern Art.

READ MORE

dru
    Participant

and here’s how they solve it…

down in Franklinton at the old B&T Metals site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8

myliftkk
    Participant

dru wrote and here’s how they solve it…

down in Franklinton at the old B&T Metals site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8

I thought only V-Ice solved problems. :?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: