Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bodega's head chef needs your help to get to the World Food Championship

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bodega's head chef needs your help to get to the World Food Championship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

From the Indiegogo site:

Send Marcus to the World Food Championship

Bodega’s head chef needs your help to get to the World Food Championship in Las Vegas

Quote:
    Short North’s own chef Marcus Meacham has been chosen to represent the great state Ohio in this year’s World Food Championship in Las Vegas.

His bags are packed, his registration has been confirmed, he just needs a little help with air-fair and the hotel.

The World Food Championships will celebrate America’s signature decadence – Bacon. The Bacon World Championship will pit 50 of the world’s best culinary craftsmen against each other for the title of Bacon World Champion. Home cooks, restaurateurs and chefs will all compete to see whose cuisine reigns supreme. The champion will then take their bacon and their best effort to the Final Table for a chance to win the World Food Championship.

Click to Help Get Him There!

bradhowe
    Participant

Marcus and I went to high school together in Southern Ohio – Jackson High. He has always been a good kid and I wish him the best. He takes his craft seriously and is passionate about what he does. I am no chef but that recipe makes me think his chances at the World Food Championships are as good as it gets.

Brad

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Shelley Mann
    Shelley Mann
    Participant

While we’re on the topic of Marcus Meacham, check out his super cool new concept: Guerrilla Brunch! He’ll cook brunch for you and your friends in your own home.

Guerrilla Brunch with Marcus Meacham

Jordans23000
    Participant

Yeah, that Bodega post from about a year or so ago when every one was saying “They don’t have a chef, he’s cooking bar food, its a bar, blah blah blah” and I said, no, the CHEF there is a real live in the flesh CHEF. Well, hate to be that dude to say I told you so, but um, well yeah. BTW there were more people than me saying the food was more than bar food and that the CHEF was talented in that post, so propers to all of you who recognize food that’s more than bar food, and its being prepared by a CHEF.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Jordans23000 said:
    Yeah, that Bodega post from about a year or so ago when every one was saying “They don’t have a chef, he’s cooking bar food, its a bar, blah blah blah” and I said, no, the CHEF there is a real live in the flesh CHEF. Well, hate to be that dude to say I told you so, but um, well yeah. BTW there were more people than me saying the food was more than bar food and that the CHEF was talented in that post, so propers to all of you who recognize food that’s more than bar food, and its being prepared by a CHEF.

I’m of the opinion that basically EVERYONE loves to say “I told you so.”

Jordans23000
    Participant

I’m of the opinion that basically EVERYONE loves to say “I told you so.”

Truth. I couldn’t help it this time though Snarf, some people were dead set that Bodega didn’t have an actual chef, they couldn’t take off the blinders. They thought it was still all about $1 grill cheese sandwiches.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Can it still be a little about $1 grilled cheese?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE