Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’ve never really been a big hockey fan. I know the rules, and I use to play it in my drive way back in the day but that’s about it. BUT…I can say that I am totally hooked on watching this playoff run.

Slainte
    Participant

Just bought Columbus Blue Jackets’s playoff tickets. They say it’s for 4/28 (which would be game 6) but the tickets also say “round 1 game 3″. Huh?

Columbus game 3, game 6 over all.

geoyui
    Participant

Columbus game 3, game 6 over all.

Yeah, just confirmed that. When I purchased them, I initially thought I somehow thru some backdoor-glitch-portal got tickets for tonight’s game, which would have been amazing …

News
    Participant

Even with the shift to Nationwide Arena, Penguins fans still could have an impact
    April 20, 2014 11:38 PM
    By Dave Molinari / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Penguins surrendered home-ice advantage in their first-round playoff series against Columbus when the Blue Jackets beat them Saturday night in Game 2. Technically, anyway. Sure, three of the five games remaining in this best-of-seven are scheduled for Nationwide Arena, beginning at 7:08 p.m. today with Game 3.

READ MORE: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2014/04/21/Even-shifting-to-Nationwide-Arena-Penguins-fans-could-still-have-an-impact/stories/201404210039

News
    Participant

Apr 21, 2014, 11:36am EDT
    Excitement building in Arena District for Blue Jackets
    Doug Buchanan
    Managing editor-digital – Columbus Business First

The doors to Nationwide Arena won’t open until 5:30 p.m. but the Arena District is already seeing a flurry of activity ahead of the Columbus Blue Jackets’ first home playoff game in five years tonight.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/04/excitement-building-in-arena-district-for-blue.html

geoyui
    Participant

R Bar informs customers that Sidney Crosby is a sissy (Photo)

Calling Crosby a “sissy” is a little weak, but it’s all in good fun.

geoyui
    Participant

That 3rd period was hard to watch. It’s like they ran out of gas. No team can hold a 3-1 lead …

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Man, that was indeed a brutal 3rd period.

I splurged on some huge Ribeyes for the game. At least the night had that going for it.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I bet I can guess the final score of the next game. Here it goes….4-3.

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Drop Game Three 4-3
    April 21, 2014 11:18 pm – Chris Landauer

The Columbus Blue Jackets let an early 2-0 lead slip away Monday night, as they drop game three 4-3 to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The loss puts Pittsburgh ahead 2-1 in the overall series.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/blue-jackets-drop-game-three-4-3-cl1

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Pens had twice as many shots on goal for the game, 3 times as many in the third period. Surprised the score wasn’t much, much worse.

RedStorm
    Participant

Even with the shift to Nationwide Arena, Penguins fans still could have an impact<br>
    April 20, 2014 11:38 PM<br>
    By Dave Molinari / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Penguins surrendered home-ice advantage in their first-round playoff series against Columbus when the Blue Jackets beat them Saturday night in Game 2. Technically, anyway. Sure, three of the five games remaining in this best-of-seven are scheduled for Nationwide Arena, beginning at 7:08 p.m. today with Game 3.<br>
    <br>
    READ MORE: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2014/04/21/Even-shifting-to-Nationwide-Arena-Penguins-fans-could-still-have-an-impact/stories/201404210039

Dumb writer. There was maybe 1K Pens fans. Two thousand at the absolute most but that’s probably an overestimate.

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Players And Fans Gear Up For Game Four
    Wednesday April 23, 2014 6:50 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Blue Jackets players and fans were gearing up for game four of the play offs Wednesday. Fans were lined up outside Nationwide Arena early Wednesday morning to make sure they grabbed a green level ticket. Those go on sale at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday night.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/04/23/columbus-blue-jackets-game-four.html

GeeDee
    Participant

In the first 3 games, the team that has gone up 3-1 has lost. That’s screwed up.

RedStorm
    Participant

In the first 3 games, the team that has gone up 3-1 has lost. That’s screwed up.

It’s called getting too comfortable. A lot of teams do it. The players think they don’t have to be 100% sharp because they’ve got a lead to spare. The other team gets desperate and picks up momentum.

Not advocating that the CBJ get down tonight early, but hockey momentum can change quickly. Neither goalie has been stellar enough to thwart the change in momentum in any game so far.

Tie it up and it becomes a best of 3. Lose, and well, the boys can start dusting off the golfing sticks.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 161 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: