Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

I believe you mean the Rangers.

yup, my bad :)

gramarye
    Participant

Looking at playoff scenarios, the jackets could get the bruins, penguins or the islanders (depending on how philly and detroit do). Right now the jackets are paired with the pens (who are 5-0 against the jackets this year). Hope it’s the isles.

We’re also 0-3 against the Bruins.

We’re 2-2 against the Rangers … and ironically, with no home ice advantage. They beat us both times in Columbus and we beat them both times at their place.

So like the CU article said, these last few games are meaningful even if we’ve locked up our invite to the playoffs.

SSBucks
    Participant

Whoever the Jackets end up facing the real test will be to see if they can keep visiting fans out of the Arena (particularly Pittsburgh…..if you went to a CBJ-Pens game this year at Nationwide, the arena is embarrassingly pro-Penguins.)

RedStorm
    Participant

Whoever the Jackets end up facing the real test will be to see if they can keep visiting fans out of the Arena (particularly Pittsburgh…..if you went to a CBJ-Pens game this year at Nationwide, the arena is embarrassingly pro-Penguins.)

Only STH have had a chance to purchase – and now I believe, Nationwide employees. Opens up to the public at 9 a.m. tomorrow, but only to those with an Ohio zip code for the first 96 hours. They will be fine.

swinzo1010
    Participant

Yeah I don’t believe there will be a lot of fans from other teams like we have seen in the regular season. Here is why….

1. Season ticket holders can purchase additional tickets per game (up to 6 additonal I believe) and were allowed to start purchasing Wednesday morning. I bought 4 tickets to each game even though I only have 2 season tickets.
    2. Yesterday Nationwide employees were allowed to purchase tickets in advance of this mornings public sale since they are the major sponsor of the CBJ
    3. Public tickets on sale today are limited to people with an Ohio billing address on their credit card
    4. The CBJ still are fighting for seeding. We don’t know if we will play the Pens, Bruins or Rangers. So those fans from other teams are not going to buy CBJ tickets if there is a chance we might not even play them.

geoyui
    Participant

I was on ticketmaster at 9:04 am, best available were $120 tickets. (I was looking for 3 tickets)

RedStorm
    Participant

Yeah I don’t believe there will be a lot of fans from other teams like we have seen in the regular season. Here is why….

1. Season ticket holders can purchase additional tickets per game (up to 6 additonal I believe) and were allowed to start purchasing Wednesday morning. I bought 4 tickets to each game even though I only have 2 season tickets.<br>

Unless there are some greedy STH’s looking to sell high to opposing fans.

News
    Participant

NHL announces schedule for first-round Stanley Cup playoff series
    Sunday, 04.13.2014 / 7:50 PM / News
    By BlueJackets.com Staff

COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets will make their first Eastern Conference Stanley Cup Playoffs appearance against Metropolitan Division rival Pittsburgh Penguins, the club and National Hockey League announced tonight. The Blue Jackets, who finished the regular season with a franchise-best 43-32-7 record (93 pts.), are the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference, while the Penguins won the Metropolitan Division and are seeded second.

EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS SERIES

Game 1 Wednesday April 16 at Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m.
    Game 2 Saturday April 19 at Pittsburgh 7 p.m.
    Game 3 Monday April 21 at Columbus 7 p.m.
    Game 4 Wednesday April 23 at Columbus 7 p.m.
    *Game 5 Saturday April 26 at Pittsburgh TBD
    *Game 6 Monday April 28 at Columbus TBD
    *Game 7 Wednesday April 30 at Pittsburgh TBD

Bold – home games * – if necessary

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=714429

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Make Playoff Return Tonight In Pittsburgh
    April 16, 2014
    by Steve Brown
    89.7 NPR News Morning Anchor

The Columbus Blue Jackets start their second-ever playoff series tonight.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/04/16/blue-jackets-make-playoff-return-tonight-in-pittsburgh/

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Fall 4-3 in Game One of the Playoffs
    April 16, 2014 11:55 pm – Chris Landauer

The Columbus Blue Jackets came up short against the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing 4-3 on the road in the first game of the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/blue-jackets-fall-4-3-in-game-one-of-the-playoffs-cl1

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Even Series at 1-1 with 4-3 Win in 2OT
    April 19, 2014 11:10 pm – Chris Landauer

The Columbus Blue Jackets came from behind to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 in double-overtime on the road Saturday night in game two of the best of seven series. The win, which is the first playoff win in franchise history, evens the overall series at one game apiece as the teams head to Columbus for games three and four.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/blue-jackets-even-series-at-1-1-with-4-3-win-in-2ot-cl1

Jman4ever
    Participant

go team

News
    Participant

geoyui
    Participant

Amazing how this win has changed the fanbase. I have a friend that was one of those dejected, tired fans. Watching the 4-3 OT win 1) impressed him on how the playstyle of the jackets had changed 2) renewed his faith that this club can actually compete.

I’m leaving work early to avoid the traffic chaos that will occur downtown tonight.

geoyui
    Participant

Just bought Columbus Blue Jackets’s playoff tickets. They say it’s for 4/28 (which would be game 6) but the tickets also say “round 1 game 3”. Huh?

ETA: just called. Apparently “round 1 game 3” also means “round 1 HOME game 3”.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 161 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE