Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Jackets looked totally crippled in the 2nd period of tonights game against the Islanders. But, they pulled it together in the 3rd, including a power play goal (for a change) and won in the shootout.

I missed the first, but they looked *bad* in the 2nd period. Just plain BAD. Giving up two unanswered goals in short order and it was starting to look like it was going to be a shutout.

The 3rd period they were a completely different team. They gave a solid, aggressive, effort and came back to tie it up. If they had played the whole game that way it would have been an easy victory. Overtime started tense with the islanders on the power play, but the jackets pulled the penalty kill and the kept it tied. Bobrovsky looked relaxed and confident going into the shootout, and I guess he had every reason to be.

News
    Participant

Post Game: Blue Jackets 4, Sabres 1
    Thursday, 10.10.2013 / 9:45 PM / News
    By Rob Mixer – BlueJackets.com

The Blue Jackets wanted to make sure they were ready for a desperate Sabres team tonight. Mission accomplished.

From the opening shift, the visitors dictated the pace and put copious amounts of pressure on the Buffalo defense, putting together a string of solid shifts before they broke through less than two minutes into the game. Marian Gaborik – who had the jets on all night – ripped a shot off the crossbar and Ryan Miller lost track of it, allowing Cam Atkinson to swoop in and deposit the Jackets’ first goal at the 1:51 mark.

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=685875

swinzo1010
    Participant

Took care of business like they needed to last night. Bob looked good and Gaborik is off to a great start (5 pts in 3 games). Big test on Saturday against Boston

RedStorm
    Participant

This is a frustrating team to watch right now. The young guys (Atkinson, Jenner, Johansen, Savard, Murray) are the best players right now outside of Gaborik – missed last night with the flu – and Dubinsky. The rest of the team is pretty pathetic.

Four regulation losses, all by one goal essentially (the 3-1 and 5-3 margins came courtesy of empty-netters). Last night was a gut punch…down 3-0, tied 3-3, then Bob pulls a Steve Mason.

Gotta get healthy. If they can get to .500 by December and bring in Horton they might be alright. Good news? The rest of the division is terrible outside of Pittsburgh at the moment.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

RedStorm said:
    This is a frustrating team to watch right now.

ain’t that the truth?

Watched the first period last night (on the treadmill at the gym because I dont have cable LOL great incentive to workout) and it was a sad team to watch.

Then I checked later and they were up 3-3. I’m thinking “WHAT HAPPENED?!” then a few minutes later…. BAM – 5-3… “wait, WUT?!”

I did not get to watch the rest of the game after the 1st but, clearly very inconsistent effort, which is also what I witnessed against the islanders. A team cannot win if they only bring their A game 1 period of every game.

News
    Participant

Preview: Blue Jackets at Capitals
    Friday, 10.18.2013 / 2:00 PM / News

The Blue Jackets arrived in the nation’s capital very early Friday morning after a frustrating 5-3 loss in Montreal, and took an optional skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in suburban Arlington, Va. later that day. Good news for the Blue Jackets: flu-stricken Marian Gaborik, who missed the game against Montreal, was back on the ice for practice and is expected to return to the lineup on Saturday night against the Capitals.

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=687370

News
    Participant

Post Game: Blue Jackets 3, Canucks 1
    Sunday, 10.20.2013 / 9:30 PM / News

The Blue Jackets needed a pick-me-up, something to jolt them out of a four-game rut and get things steered in the right direction. Curtis McElhinney stepped up in a tough spot and delivered.

Having not played an NHL game since Dec. 31, 2011 as a member of the Coyotes (a mere 659 days ago), McElhinney admitted he had some serious nerves going before tonight’s game against the Canucks – a team he saw quite frequently during his days in Calgary. Columbus needed a big performance from him after a fruitless three-game road trip, and he was outstanding and especially so in the third period.

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=687757

gramarye
    Participant

So I admit I haven’t been following much, so I’ll ask the obvious question: New goalie? Where/when did Bob get replaced?

chaptal
    Participant

Giving Bob a rest for the evening. McElhinney did a great job. It’s good to keep the backup ready, you never know.

News
    Participant

Jackets ready for the challenge
    Friday, 11.01.2013 / 7:00 AM / News

PITTSBURGH – The Blue Jackets’ first game in five days is more than “just another game” and not just because many of their fathers are along for the trip.

When the puck drops on Friday night at the CONSOL Energy Center, they know it will take their best collective effort to start their Metropolitan Division rivalry with Pittsburgh on the right foot. And while it’s not officially a rivalry yet – a playoff series or two goes a long way in that regard, Mark Letestu (a former Penguin) said – there’s not a single Blue Jackets player who isn’t eagerly awaiting this weekend’s series.

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=689396

geoyui
    Participant

it would be cool to see the video of a go pro camera during a bluejackets game

Mister Shifter
    Participant

It’s not the Blue Jackets, but this happened…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So am I seeing the stats correctly…Steve Mason is having a much better year than Bob?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    So am I seeing the stats correctly…Steve Mason is having a much better year than Bob?

given that Bob is still fighting injury and isn’t even playing, yeah. Jackets are on the second replacement goalie right now, as McElhinney is also fighting injury. They called McKenna up from springfield and he did rather well last night in the win over Carolina.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/12/24/jackets-holiday-cheer.html

News
    Participant

Young Jackets Forward Cam Atkinson Talks About Columbus
    Published on January 3, 2014 8:00 am
    By: Jason Parks

Cam Atkinson is one of the smallest players in the National Hockey League. Despite his size, Atkinson has defied long odds by not only sticking with the Blue Jackets, but becoming an integral player on a squad that is looking to make a postseason run.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/young-jackets-forward-cam-atkinson-talks-about-columbus-jp1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE