Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Blue jackets 2013-2014 Season

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author

NerosNeptune
    Participant

And once again, Pitt up 3-0, Jackets end up winning 4-3. What a game!

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Blue Jackets 4, Penguins 3 (OT): Saving the best for last
    Late goals secure first home playoff win in franchise history
    By Shawn Mitchell
    The Columbus Dispatch • WEDNESDAY APRIL 23, 2014 10:18 PM

If Game 3 in Nationwide Arena didn’t quite earn the distinction of most memorable in Blue Jackets history, Game 4 tonight certainly did.

The Blue Jackets made up a 3-0 deficit and beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 in overtime, knotting their first-round Stanley Cup playoff series at 2 with the first home playoff win in franchise history.

Game 5 is on Saturday in Pittsburgh. There will be a Game 6. That will be played on Monday in Nationwide, which rocked like never before on this night.

Brandon Dubinsky scored the tying goal with 22.5 seconds remaining in regulation, and Nick Foligno scored the winner 2:49 into overtime.

FROM HERE: http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/04/24/0423-jackets-penguins-game-4.html

News
    Participant

Blue Jackets Win Game Four to Even Series
    April 23, 2014 10:26 pm – Chris Landauer

In what may be the biggest win in franchise history, the Columbus Blue Jackets battled back from an early deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in overtime Wednesday night, evening the overall series at 2-2.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/blue-jackets-win-game-four-to-even-series-cl1

anillo
    Participant

That was an amazing game, holy cow.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

It really was, it was even high energy watching it on TV. That last score before the end of regulation changed the whole momentum in the series to the Jackets favor.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Wins aside, just the excitement of these games is quickly making me a hockey fan.

geoyui
    Participant

The whole series has changed the Jackets fan base. The holdouts who thought the Jackets would crumble under the playoff pressure are now believers, and the penguin hate has brought support from fans of other cities/teams.

geoyui
    Participant

Wins aside, just the excitement of these games is quickly making me a hockey fan.

I find playoff hockey to be equal to and in some cases more exciting than the other pro sports playoff tourneys.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>anillo wrote:</div>

It really was, it was even high energy watching it on TV. That last score before the end of regulation changed the whole momentum in the series to the Jackets favor.

I wouldn’t call myself an avid CBJ fan. But I’ve been to about 10 games. I’ve also been to a few playoff games in other sports. Last night’s atmosphere in the Arena was one of the most electric sports experiences I’ve ever been a part of. I was afraid the energy after the first home game would suck the energy out, but before, during, and especially after the game the place was great. And the third period was an absolute nuthouse.

geoyui
    Participant

I was afraid the energy after the first home game would suck the energy out, but before, during, and especially after the game the place was great. And the third period was an absolute nuthouse.

Reminded me of this point made in an ESPN article by Scott Burnside:

The Blue Jackets had blown leads of 2-0 and 3-1 (in the third, no less) in losing Game 3 on Monday night. The fans at Nationwide Arena could have been forgiven if they’d been a little restless after the Penguins unloaded on their boys in the first period.

But they didn’t. They hung in. They believed.

So, too, did the players.

“It meant a lot to the people even after the game,” Richards said, referring to the long-staying fans.

“At 3-0, the way it was going, there could have been boos,” he noted. But there weren’t, “and that helped us.”

Dubinsky said the crowd started cheering even in the moments after the Penguins’ third goal.

“After they scored that third goal, they were chanting, ‘C-B-J.’ As a player … I’m not sure that they completely understand the energy that they give us when they stick behind us like that. So, great character by them, and I thought our guys responded,” Dubinsky said.

Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

… the penguin hate has brought support from fans of other cities/teams.

THIS.

Although in my experience, it’s a general hate of ANY team from Pittsburgh (and that’s a nation-wide feeling). I’ll take it. :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

^^–this

juniorwill
    Participant

That was the most significant moment in professional sports history last night for Columbus (sorry soccer and arena football fans). It makes me dream even more of having a NBA team here. For now, I’m all in with the CBJ.

RedStorm
    Participant

If your friends/family aren’t on board at this point, they never will be. Incredibly likeable, never-say-die underdog team. A truly amazing series going on with the Pens. Hard to call yourself any sort of sports or Columbus fan if this doesn’t have you on the edge of your seat.

I assume they might need to tighten some bolts around NWA after last night.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

That’s the second game in a row Wiz took a bad penalty with the CBJ down late in the 3rd. Luckily, last night the good guys were able to come through.

Is it time to think about cutting him loose in the offseason? For all his brilliance, he’s notorious for lets just say brain farts and penalties like that can’t happen in big games.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: