Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Blood oranges

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Blood oranges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

nexttuesday
    Participant

I was curious if anyone has seen blood oranges for sale? I could call around individually to stores, but if you have seen any, please let me know.

Andrew Hall

Been at Whole Foods some time, including this past weekend. Season coming to end though.

A.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The season is at its end for sure. This time last year, I had to get some for the brewery, and the only ones available were from Sicily. They were awesome (and made some delicious wheat beer) but pry-see! Blood Orange Margaritas are a good use of excess fruit (we only use the zest in the brew).

dru
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>
    The season is at its end for sure. This time last year, I had to get some for the brewery, and the only ones available were from Sicily. They were awesome (and made some delicious wheat beer) but pry-see! Blood Orange Margaritas are a good use of excess fruit (we only use the zest in the brew).

i have four empty growlers awaiting the return of this beer. please let us know when it makes its next appearance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will do dru!

patient_zero
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>
    Blood Orange Margaritas are a good use of excess fruit (we only use the zest in the brew).

I’ll be in line behind drew! Blood oranges great for beer, and trifles.

FYI: I saw them at Whole Foods as well.

Blood Orange Trifles

Andrew Hall

At Whole Foods (Dublin) today. Italian.

A.

Hills has ’em.

nexttuesday
    Participant

Yay, thank you for the responses.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alana’s will have Berkshire Pork Chops brined in Blood Thirst Wheat this weekend! Alana left a little @ Barley’s. It’ll be gone in no time, but that’s o.k.-we’ll make more…

Anonymous
    Inactive

That keg went fast! (sorry Dru). All that’s left is at Alana’s, brining sweet, sweet pork…

patient_zero
    Participant

0Angle wrote >> Alana left a little Blood Thirst [email protected] Barley’s. It’ll be gone in no time, but that’s o.k.-we’ll make more…

Not soon enough, kind sir. But good things are worth the wait.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just tapped 300 gallons of Blood Thirst Wheat. AND I have another batch already brewed and ingredients ready to go for another. Now off to Athens for Ohio Beer Week.
    Cheers!
    E.T.A. Nice to see ya Porky. I hope your better half enjoyed the first pint of this batch!

shadytree

World Market has chocolate with blood orange in it. I know it’s not the same as eating fruit, but it comes with chocolate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: