Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Black Friday: Where would you want a Food Truck while you are waiting in line?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Black Friday: Where would you want a Food Truck while you are waiting in line?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

FoodFort
    Participant

We are looking for Independent Businesses that are going all out for Black Friday that may want to pair up with a Mobile Vendors to feed the masses while waiting in line or serve as an extra draw to an area with limited food options nearby.

If this fits for your business – we would need an area in your parking lot to set up and permission from you and your property owner.

Food Trucks can not set up in the street (currently) due to interpretation of city code.

If interested e-mail [email protected]

FoodFort
    Participant

Bump looking for your great ideas!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some local shops that have done Black Friday deals in previous years:

Black Friday 2011

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/black-friday-2010

FoodFort
    Participant

Walker said:
    Some local shops that have done Black Friday deals in previous years:

Black Friday 2011

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/black-friday-2010

Thank you Walker!

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Are you guys allowed to set up outside polling places? I bet voters get hungry too! :D

FoodFort
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    Are you guys allowed to set up outside polling places? I bet voters get hungry too! :D

We tried to work out a couple spots and did set up at a couple of Obama sites in the summer.

DavidF
    Participant

Outside of my business while I’m working a twelve hour shift. Unfortunately we’re not an independent.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

What the Rock?! will be doing a door buster sale again this year. FoodFort, PM me if you want to throw around some ideas.

FoodFort
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Outside of my business while I’m working a twelve hour shift. Unfortunately we’re not an independent.

We will take non independent businesses too – we just need a group of people that want to eat and permission of a property owner.

mrmann

I have no idea who owns the plaza with the Bestbuy and Walmart across from Easton on Morse Rd but you could make a killing there. I waited in line last year and there was a hotdog cart making $$$$$.

melikecheese
    Participant

Set up out side Spoonful records on the Record Store Day Black Friday.

buckette13

mrmann said:
    I have no idea who owns the plaza with the Bestbuy and Walmart across from Easton on Morse Rd but you could make a killing there. I waited in line last year and there was a hotdog cart making $$$$$.

+1 My brother makes me go to these and nothing would be better than a real food truck.

FoodFort
    Participant

Thanks guys – keep the ideas coming.

Most national chains have no solicitation policies so it is difficult but not impossible to get a food truck or cart (legally – which is how we roll) near the front door.

Other times we may have permission of the business but not the property (parking lot owner).

So while we would be happy to park at any business with hungry shoppers – independently owneed businesses are the easiest for us to partner with.

I am checking with What the Rock and Spoonful Records to see if we can work something out.

Thanks again for all the great ideas.

FoodFort
    Participant

Pitabilities will be serving Lunch at Chase Bank at Polaris on Black Friday – so if you are trapped in traffic or need to Shop, Dine and Dash – look for them from 11 am to 1 pm.

Still looking to find additional Black Friday spots with Indy Businesses.

Seems like a win-win situation. Keep the crowds happy (and warm with hot drinks, if it’s a cold night) as they wait in long lines. Polaris is a nightmare. The Toys R Us line gets really long–snakes around the building. Try Sears, Target, JC Penney…any of those whose sales will draw big crowds (which, some are starting at 8 pm Thanksgiving night).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION