Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bistro 608 in The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bistro 608 in The Short North

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Bistro 608 Proposed for The Short North
    March 20, 2014 – Ayana Wilson

North High Street in the Short North is getting a face lift in a major way. With work well underway on The Joseph, new businesses are ready to try their luck in the middle of this cultural hub. Among them is Bistro 608, which hopes to open at 608 North High Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bistro-608-proposed-for-the-short-north-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It would be great to have multiple businesses fully utilizing that outdoor patio space. More tables from both Dane’s and Cup O Joe could make it a very nice collective patio area during the summer nights.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Have there been any updates on this?? I’m still excited about the idea of this existing!

dru
    Participant

i get my dry cleaning done at the current Callander Cleaners. according to the staff there, their lease is signed through the year with an option to be bought out of it. as of yet, staff has heard no news of vacating/moving.

i do hope Callander finds another location in the neighborhood, a dry cleaner is an amenity that is needed (and the only other one i know if nearby once ruined a shirt, so i want to keep the option)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Whatever happened with this? I had forgotten about it until the other day.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

That rendering looks a lot like a Paris cafe.

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: http://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Real-Estate/Restaurant-Space-for-Lease-in-the-Short-North-of-Columbus/1160324/?returnurl=%2fwEFYHd3dy5iaXpidXlzZWxsLmNvbS9icm9rZXJkaXJlY3RvcnkvUHJvZmlsZS9WaWV3QnJva2VyUHJvZmlsZS5hc3B4P0Jyb2tlclByb2ZpbGVJRD03OTAwJmlzX3BzZW89MQ%3d%3d&returnurllabel=50

looking for a great restaurant for a great location. This building needs to be converted to a restaurant. The requirements for lease is an experienced restaurant group or individual that is financially sound. This is one of the great locations left in this area. This building is right by new Hotel, walking distance to the busiest restaurants on the strip, and a block away from the convention center.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I hate (really hate) the name Bistro 608, but I love the idea of having a Balthazar-like French brasserie in the neighborhood. And I love the renderings.

The biggest reason I’m excited for a concept like this at that location is to better activate the beautiful public space that sits between this location and the cap. That area is so under-used.

Having said that, I’m not crazy about losing a neighborhood amenity like a dry-cleaner for yet another restaurant. Though personally, I have Swan Cleaners up on 4th, so it doesn’t really affect me. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE