Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bill Proposed to Phase Out Ohio Income Tax

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Bill Proposed to Phase Out Ohio Income Tax

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 wrote >>

rus wrote >>
    Budget like that, and you’re looking at door to door maglev service. Heck, even politicians couldn’t spend ALL that money on hookers and blow.

“Hookers and blow for everyone!” I think I have my campaign slogan.

Oh it sounds good, but you know it would never work. There’d be some activist group wanting to treat the hookers as human ( pshaw… as if! ) and demand they be let off leash in public parks. Then people would complain that some people were getting too much of the daily blow ration ( you know… those people ) and you’d have a lot of wide awake jittery paranoid people typing furiously on the dispatch message boards…

…wait. OK, big plus that the program can pay for itself under Bear’s tax plan. :)

Bear
    Participant

rus wrote >>

kit444 wrote >>

rus wrote >>
    Budget like that, and you’re looking at door to door maglev service. Heck, even politicians couldn’t spend ALL that money on hookers and blow.

Oh it sounds good, but you know it would never work. There’d be some activist group wanting to treat the hookers as human ( pshaw… as if! ) and demand they be let off leash in public parks. Then people would complain that some people were getting too much of the daily blow ration ( you know… those people ) and you’d have a lot of wide awake jittery paranoid people typing furiously on the dispatch message boards…
    …wait. OK, big plus that the program can pay for itself under Bear’s tax plan. :)

I don’t actually think that you can get an ever-increasing cocaine-revenue spiral, though, or even one that holds perfectly steady over time… it’d violate the First Law of Blowdynamics.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Bear wrote >>

rus wrote >>

kit444 wrote >>

rus wrote >>

I don’t actually think that you can get an ever-increasing cocaine-revenue spiral, though, or even one that holds perfectly steady over time… it’d violate the First Law of Blowdynamics.

Ow.

gramarye
    Participant

You can’t win, you can’t break even, and it takes a 12-step program to quit the game?

10sun

Uh, eliminating the income tax will place a disproportionate burden upon property owning retirees beyond that which they currently see.

Granted, most receive social security & pensions which the younger generations pay for. I’m torn.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER