Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bike stolen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

paktinat

Hey there.

I know there is next to no hope of recovery, but if people see a Blue Murray mixte with 26″ wheels and a rear coaster brake hub being peddled around town please let me know as it was stolen last night near the corner of king and high.

Ta3xB.jpg

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Not exactly an uncommon bike.. hopefully nobody will get tackled off their bike. Do you have a better picture or serial number?

Sorry it got stolen

GCrites80s
    Participant

That sucks.

bucki12

GCrites80s said:
    That sucks.

+1

I doubt the police think it is a priority, but there are several cameras in the area.

melikecheese
    Participant

I’ll check the “bike guy” at the South Drive in Flea market this weekend.

He’s always got a crap load of new bikes….it’s him and the guy with the stack of 40 car stereos every week that make me not like that place…

paktinat

NerosNeptune said:
    hopefully nobody will get tackled off their bike. Do you have a better picture or serial number?

Oh please no one commit assault on my behest. I realized now the of a homophone could confuse what I meant to say. If you see this bike being peddled around, as in sold by an unsavory character, please let me know. If the bike is being pedaled around leave that person alone; at least it is getting used.

I don’t have any better pictures or a serial as it was a recent acquisition for me and I had just finished tuning it up a few days ago for the girlfriend. At least she got to ride it twice before it was lifted.

I filed a police report but I imagine they have better things to do.

surber17
    Participant

On Monday my bike was stolen from the bike rack right outside the Arena Grand movie theater. It was a super sad day. I loved that bike and rode it everyday (esp since I used it to get to work). Mine was a 1969 (I think) Bridgestone Kabuki that looked exactly like this(sorry for the long link, i tried posting it several times and was having issues):

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bridgestone+kabuki&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1600&bih=732&tbm=isch&tbnid=jU1_uSgFqKRzVM:&imgrefurl=http://whotalking.com/flickr/%2523bridgestone&docid=OMSUV4kk41PH5M&imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3577/3448553078_12fe31797d.jpg&w=500&h=331&ei=m7CjUPPnG4rg8ATYh4CwDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=95&vpy=436&dur=1420&hovh=183&hovw=276&tx=179&ty=199&sig=116765815255829157768&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=203&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:136

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

When we had the Olentangy cleanup last weekend, one item pulled from the river was a bike, which turned out to be a police bike.

M.O.
    Participant

Bike stolen in the AD was probably caught on camera. Were these bikes locked to something at the time of theft?

mrpoppinzs

Sorry to hear about this, here is the picture for easy viewing:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS