Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bike rental?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Bike rental?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can rent a couple of bikes for the day? My wife’s parents are coming to town over the 4th of July and we want to take them on a bike tour of the city and then to see some fireworks. Problem is we only have two bikes. We need two more. The only thing I can find is this:

http://www.handybikes.com/rentals.html

We might use this as a last resort but at $45 per bike it seems a little pricey. We could rent a Cadillac for $90. If you know of another place in town that rents bikes please let me know.

Thanks

Cyclist

Third hand bike co-op. thirdhand.org I actually helped work on one of their rentals.

Me and Mercurious have two bikes in awesome working order that we can maybe lend you.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I think Handy Bikes rents…

foxforcefive
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote I think Handy Bikes rents…

Hey Andrew – do you work in the Department of Redundancy Department?

Read post 1… :D

zp945
    Participant

Cyclist wrote Third hand bike co-op. thirdhand.org I actually helped work on one of their rentals.

Me and Mercurious have two bikes in awesome working order that we can maybe lend you.

Your generous offer prompted me to just start asking neighbors if they had some bikes I could borrow. Thanks, you saved me $90!

Any ideas on a ride I could take two people in their 50s (both in good shape and trail bike riders) starting at Walhalla ravine?

Cyclist

Th Wahalla Ravine is a great spot, but rather brief. I would suggest German Village, especially if you have fat tire bikes. The Olentangy Trail trough Clintonville is scenic.

enzo
    Participant

This made me think of another business for someone to start downtown….LEASE BIKES or get that bike vending machine installed in the Northmarket. People could be on a new every two year plan with bikes and upcharge them for service plans.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

foxforcefive wrote

lifeontwowheels wrote I think Handy Bikes rents…

Hey Andrew – do you work in the Department of Redundancy Department?

Read post 1… :D

:oops:

I usually am pretty good about skimming through and making sure I don’t repeat info already presented. Probably hadn’t had my coffee yet that day…

:D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE