Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bike Horns

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Bike Horns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

the_linotypist
    Participant

Is it legal to use a marine air horn on a bike? I finally got my adult tricycle up and running, and I figure that earbud-wearing runners and other bike-riders will not be able to hear a conventional ooga horn or bike bell.

Graybeak
    Participant

Marine? Pshaw. Go Train horn.

joev
    Participant

You’re riding an adult tricycle. There’s no doubt in my mind that people will notice you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My bell is plenty loud IMO. I kinda like the way it looks, too.

Cookie

the_linotypist said:
    Is it legal to use a marine air horn on a bike? I finally got my adult tricycle up and running, and I figure that earbud-wearing runners and other bike-riders will not be able to hear a conventional ooga horn or bike bell.

I don’t know if it’s illegal, but I’d be pretty fucking annoyed if you blasted it behind me. I can hear a bell when I’ve got earbuds in and if someone else can’t, just calm the fuck down and wait until you can pass them. You’d expect the same from a driver, wouldn’t you?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

joev said:
    You’re riding an adult tricycle. There’s no doubt in my mind that people will notice you.

lmao.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I’d say you’ll probably get kicked over but the 3rd wheel might prevent that from working

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Cookie said:
    I don’t know if it’s illegal, but I’d be pretty fucking annoyed if you blasted it behind me. I can hear a bell when I’ve got earbuds in and if someone else can’t, just calm the fuck down and wait until you can pass them. You’d expect the same from a driver, wouldn’t you?

This. OP, save the horns for cars trying to run your ass over.

gramarye
    Participant

Just use the regular ooga horn or bell. If that doesn’t work, switch immediately to proton torpedoes.

rory
    Participant

You’re going to get your ass capped with that stunt even in Ye Olde Northe Columbus.

groundrules
    Participant

I find that a simple “on your left” is pretty effective. Everything else is kind of annoying. If you got ear buds cranked up too loud to hear a basic alert, ain’t my fault you get pissed when being passed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: