Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping Events & Deals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bierberg Bakery in German Village open! Christmas Cookies!

Home Forums Events Shopping Events & Deals Bierberg Bakery in German Village open! Christmas Cookies!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Bierberg Feinbackerei

Bierberg Bakery

729 South Fifth Street

In historic German Village, Columbus 43206

since 1913

Now through Christmas, 2008

Monday-Sunday 9:00A-5:00P

Hours may be extended in December so best to call ahead!

Helen Walsh, proprietor

Last year marked the 94th anniversary of the Bierberg Bakery located at 729 South Fifth Street in German Village, between Sycamore & Frankfort Streets. Helen Bierberg Walsh still uses her grandmother’s original recipes from 1913 for her twenty-five varieties of German cookies. Because the family has been in Columbus for over 90 years, Buckeyes have been added to the Christmas assortment of candies, cookies, and breads. The cookies are $14/lb. Hansel & Gretel stocking stuffer cookies are sold separately. The Bakery is open only until the New Year holiday and Helen can be reached at 443.9959. Don’t miss the traditional German favorites, Peppernuts and Springerle!

melikecheese
    Participant

thanks for this post, this place is right around the corner from me and I was very confused when I walked by and saw a shop suddenly there and open!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Shopping Events & Deals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE