Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bibibop Asian Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bibibop Asian Grill

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author

ctonn
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ctonn wrote:</div>
    Any idea where in the Polaris area that location will be? I work up there, and I don’t recall any new places being built other than the Firebirds and the new Roosters.

I asked this morning and they haven’t said an exact location yet. Sounds like there’s some paperwork still to be finalized.

Bringing this one back up–the Polaris Bibibop looks to be opening Tuesday, August 12th. It’s right next to Charley’s Steakery, in front of Odd Lots.

They have a big banner over the door, announcing the opening, and the “free Bibibop” 11a-2p on that day.

I have a feeling a good number of Chase employees will be filling that place on Tuesday…

News
    Participant

BIBIBOP Opens Polaris Location
    August 12, 2014 4:03 pm – Walker Evans

BIBIBOP Asian Grill officially opened its third location today at 1281 Polaris Parkway, directly across from Polaris Fashion Place. The new store marks fast growth for the restaurant, which only opened its first location on West Fifth Avenue in August last year.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bibibop-opens-polaris-location

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Easton location opens tomorrow!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

still never tried this.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

still never tried this.

CHANGE THAT.

JackieC
    Participant

Any word about a downtown location? I thought there were rumblings but then those kind of fizzled.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Any word about a downtown location? I thought there were rumblings but then those kind of fizzled.

Their architect applied for a permit for signage/awning at Columbus Commons, but my understanding is that they jumped the gun before BiBiBop ever signed a lease for that space.

I ask about it every time I talk to someone there and they always speak as if they’re still considering it. But nothing new to share and no timeline.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

That Easton setup looks really cool.

fidlerre
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>
    still never tried this.

CHANGE THAT.

Ehh, it’s okay. It certainly fills a void and is better than some of the other “fast” Asian food concepts – I’m looking at you Panda – out there but I don’t get the absolute love for Bibibop’s concept or food.

It’s rather bland (and I’ve tried it several times with several different sauces/options) and for the fast-casual price I’d rather go to one of several Ramen places that have popped up around town. I guess I’m spoiled having spent time working in DC and enjoying Shophouse, Chipotle’s intro in to Asian fast-casual market – it’s full of flavor and spice which is something I’ve thought Bibibop lacked…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

+1 to bland. Not really a fan.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Really? I go with spicy chicken and a mix of yum yum and sriracha sauce and I think it’s got plenty of flavor.

I don’t really put it in the same category as Ramen either. If I want noodles, I go with noodles. If I want a non-Chipotle burrito, I go to BiBiBop.

geoyui
    Participant

still never tried this.

It’s kind of meh for me.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

If I want a non-Chipotle burrito, I go to BiBiBop.

that’s when I’ve been going to Piada.

I’m going to make it a point to try BiBibop soon.

News
    Participant

BiBiBop Asian Grill Opens at Easton, Plans East Broad Location Next
    December 16, 2014 2:43 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Korean-based fast casual restaurant BiBiBop Asian Grill has enjoyed a relatively quick rise to success in the Columbus area. They’ve opened four locations in the past 15 months, in Upper Arlington, Polaris, Grandview, and, most recently, Easton Town Center. Ellie Robinson and her family, owners and operators of the restaurant, are dedicated to bringing affordable health-conscious Asian food to their customers without sacrificing quality.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bibibop-asian-grill-opens-at-easton-town-center-rw1

—————

Behind the Scenes: BiBiBop
    BY SUSAN POST ON DECEMBER 16, 2014 AT 2:42 PM

There’s a growing trend of fast-casual design-your-own-meal restaurants, Chipotle, Piada and as of August 2013, BiBiBiop is populating the Columbus landscape with four locations across the city in less than a year and a half. The Korean-inspired chain takes a spin on a classic dish, offering a healthy, fast meal that’s appealing to a wide range of customers.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/behind-the-scenes-bibibop/

ColumbusHearsAWho
    ColumbusHearsAWho
    Participant

+1 on bland. It’s like, I can see all these colors of vegetables, but everything is washed out. Even with their “spicy” sauces it tastes one-dimensional.

If I remember correctly, it was opened by people with familial connection to….. O’Charley’s….? That may explain the bland, and the fact that they made it to four units in 2.5 years.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER