Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Condo & Townhouse Development at 4th & 6th in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Condo & Townhouse Development at 4th & 6th in Italian Village

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  News 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cyclist

So I was dicking around northern Italian Village yesterday after returning from the CYP Volunteer Fair at the Easton Towne Centre. I rode past the Bethany Baptist Church at N. 6th St and E. 4th Ave. It looks like some re-hab or rebuild is going on with it. I asked a local on the porch next door what was going on with the church, he looked up slowly, still petting his cat by his side. He tossed his pitch black hair back and indifferently replied, “condos” and returned to his feline friend beside in a pleasant mid-August dusk. I rode on… to be continued.

dru
    Participant

Cyclist wroteSo I was dicking around northern Italian Village yesterday after returning from the CYP Volunteer Fair at the Easton Towne Centre. I rode past the Bethany Baptist Church at N. 6th St and E. 4th Ave. It looks like some re-hab or rebuild is going on with it. I asked a local on the porch next door what was going on with the church, he looked up slowly, still petting his cat by his side. He tossed his pitch black hair back and indifferently replied, “condos” and returned to his feline friend beside in a pleasant mid-August dusk. I rode on… to be continued.

I do believe that Joe Armeni owns the property. Could be his next project after York?

honestlyinsincere
    Participant

From @photogChrisPots on twitter:
    CFD battling a fire at a vacant church in the Short North. #10tv @10TV

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

goldenidea
    Participant

Joe Aremeni does own this church and the adjacent lots. As reported earlier here in CU, he has plans to convert the church to apartments and to add new-build townhouses on land adjacent to it. Until more info comes out, it’s hard to know if this fire will result in the church needing to be demolished.

News
    Participant

Photos: Fire Chars Empty Italian Village Church Building
    September 27, 2015 10:55 am – Walker Evans

A fire broke out last night at an empty church building at 285 East 4th Avenue in Italian Village. The building is owned by neighborhood developer Joe Armeni, who told Columbus Underground last year about plans to renovate the building into eight condo units while filling in the surrounding lot with new townhome buildings.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-fire-chars-empty-italian-village-church-building

Participant

i care way more about the outcome of this local story then some BS red light traffic ticket manufactured nonsense.can’t wait to read the fire investigation report.

CivilE
    Participant

It’s a real shame that the building has been sitting there for almost 20 years, empty and owned by New Victorians, and it serendipitously catches on fire right before they initiate their development project. Were those “Tattle Tale Alarm” signs posted on the building just for show? This is almost as tragic as the Sunset Lounge collapsing just as the developer began preparing it for renovation. Interesting that these tragedies seems to befall historic buildings that otherwise could not be demolished. I too am interested to see the fire marshal’s report on the cause.

News
    Participant

Italian Village Church Building to be Saved Following Fire
    September 28, 2015 1:41 pm – Walker Evans

The structure at 285 East Fourth Avenue in Italian Village will be able to be saved, following a fire that broke out there on Saturday night. Owner and developer Joe Armeni said that after meeting with structural engineers and architects this morning, the building has been determined to still be in salvageable condition.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/italian-village-church-fire-columbus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.