Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Thai in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Thai in Columbus?

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Erawan is still a lazy weekend lunch favorite.

I need a lazy weekend.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Heads up, new thai spot on Brice Road for you Eastsiders.

Mekong Asian Fusion, same family that operates Erawan Thai on Refugee.

Went last Sunday for lunch. I think they’ve only been open a week or two.

Full menu was available, both entrees and appetizers were fantastic. Service extremely friendly although they didn’t really speak english, our waitress who was extremely friendly and polite got across she just arrived from Thailand two weeks ago. Patience, body language and pointing to numbers on the menu was needed but well worth it for the food.

DavidF
    Participant

I tried to go to Erawan a couple of weeks ago and they were closed with a sign directing people to Mekong. It looked like a different Thai place was going to go into their space. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I tried to go to Erawan a couple of weeks ago and they were closed with a sign directing people to Mekong. It looked like a different Thai place was going to go into their space. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Huh. I was just going to recommend Erawan. Do you think it’s permanent? There are two good Thai places along Refugee Rd., IIRC. There’s another one roughly a mile west of Erawane called “Bankok Thai/Chinese” that is also pretty good. Weird that all these good Thai places keep closing. Another one I liked was called “Thai Taste” in Kenny Center, which also closed, and made really good spicy basil chicken.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

I’ve gone to Mekong Fusion twice recently. My advice is to wait another month and hope for the best. The young owner is clearly exhausted and the interior is still a work in progress. The food is promising but a bit uneven. Stick to the Thai and avoid the Vietnamese and Chinese. The area near the kitchen is a mess with half-eaten food and construction materials. Be aware that the Days Inn on Brice Road appears to be a suburban Ho-house. For some, this may be a source of entertainment. I hope things get better soon.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Try Bangkok Thai & Chinese on Refugee Rd.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

If you’re responding to me, most of us who are into Thai food, especially living on the East side, know Bangkok. Been going there for a long time. As iffy as the Days Inn on Brice Road may be, the Mekong dining room looks brighter, cleaner, and less dingy than Bangkok. Same goes with that section of Brice (not good) still being better than that stretch of Refugee (which looks like the last outpost of a pioneering excursion). On a strict comparison of food, yes, I will give Bangkok the edge on that one, but I have hope for Mekong once they get better established.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

No doubt Mekong has some wrinkles to iron out. I hope Erawan isn’t closing, I’ll find out.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Well the owner of Mekong claims Erawan is to remain open, so there’s hope.

Eta – Erawan closed Tuesday’s now.

Their beef jerky app, drooooool.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: