Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Thai in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Thai in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

msg

chaptal said:
    Really, really liked Erawan on Refugee. Should give a shot to Westgate since it’s quite close to my house.

+1 – Found Erawan on a late Sunday night since Bangkok was closed already. Had been going to Bangkok for years, now its my backup

Twixlen
    Participant

cheap said:
    im going there tomorrow.looking forward to it.

Nice! One of my favorites was chicken in a green coconut curry sauce. And their whole fried tilapia is really good, if you’re cool facing down a whole fish on your plate.

cheap

got the pad thai and a couple spring rolls to go.really good stuff.

guy at the counter and the kid cooking were cracking me up.

“he wants some extra sauce”.

“what?”

“i said he wants some extra sauce!!!”

“what”??

“why cant you hear me?why do i have to yell?”

“what?”

placebohigh
    Participant

The old P.S. Thai Thai location on King Ave in Grandview reopened a few months ago as Thai Basil’s Restaurant (not to be confused with Basil located a few miles away in the Short North) and I was majorly impressed. It’s an old Tim Hortons but their menu is huge and the green curry I had was awesome and enough for 2 meals.

dogfart
    Participant

placebohigh said:
    The old P.S. Thai Thai location on King Ave in Grandview reopened a few months ago as Thai Basil’s Restaurant (not to be confused with Basil located a few miles away in the Short North) and I was majorly impressed. It’s an old Tim Hortons but their menu is huge and the green curry I had was awesome and enough for 2 meals.

good to know

i was a fan of ps thai thai

is this better or comparable

zp945
    Participant

I’ve been eating a lot of Bahn Thai on Henderson lately. The Tom yum soup is great, I could eat it everyday. Everything is bright and fresh and spicy and sweet and salty and delicious. The staff is friendly and welcoming. It’s worth a visit for sure.

DavidF
    Participant

dogfart said:
    good to know

Loved PS Thai Thai. Hope this is comparable.

duncanfj
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Loved PS Thai Thai. Hope this is comparable.

From what I’ve heard, the name Thai Tai came from the husband and wife who owned the restaurant. Thai(land) for the husband and Tai(wan) for the wife. She died of an embolism, and he eventually closed the restaurant and has now reopened it. He was the cook for Thai Tai as well, so should be fairly comparable.

dogfart
    Participant

so apparently that place isnt open on sundays

placebohigh
    Participant

Here’s their Facebook page with their menu

Yeah, they’re only open Mon-Sat…sorry if you drove over there to find out they were closed, such is the problem with a restaurant with no real website…

dogfart said:

I never had PS Thai Thai so I’m not sure.

ricospaz
    Participant

placebohigh said:
    Here’s their Facebook page with their menu

Yeah, they’re only open Mon-Sat…sorry if you drove over there to find out they were closed, such is the problem with a restaurant with no real website…

I never had PS Thai Thai so I’m not sure.

I had the Pad Thai at Thai Basil last week, it was pretty solid. Good price, cooked quickly for ordering to go.

FoodFort
    Participant

Westgate Thai and Bangkok (on Refugee Rd)

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: Bangkok Restaurant
    By G.A. Benton
    From the October 11, 2012 edition

Along with the bogus bricks, Bangkok’s large single room is equipped with ethnically appropriate photos and knick-knacks, a television cranking out Thai music videos (talk about must-see TV), simple tables and booths and not a whole lot else. Call it a bare-bones mom-n-popper that achieves a measure of charm through friendly servers (whose excellent suggestions help make sense of a mammoth menu) and a regular clientele amongst whom English is rarely the dominantly spoken language.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/10/11/restaurant-review-bangkok-restaurant.html

Rings
    Participant

Nida’s Thai on High is where I’ve been going to alot lately.

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

from catching up on this thread, it sounds to me like a toss-up between Thai Orchid, Bangkok, and Erawan for best Thai food in town.

This still the case? Who you got?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: