Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Thai in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Thai in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

placebohigh
    Participant

Haven’t had Thai food in a very long time. Remember that I enjoyed it previously. Any suggestions locally? Anyone tried the Thai cuisine at Asian Gourmet and Sushi Bar in Gahanna?

LauraA

i love asian gourmet. i haven’t been there in a long time, but never had a bad meal. their pad thai is my favorite.

It’s probably a bit out of the way for most people, but I remember reading a while ago that Thai Orchid was considered by many to be the best Thai in town. I don’t eat there as often as I’d like, but the few times I’ve been there have been great.

Outerloop

Thai Orchid on Sawmill Rd is probably the best.

The best all time was Thai Village located on Goodale across from Big Bear. Unfortunately, I close 8 or 9 years ago. I introduced more people to Thai at that restaurant. I was and is a shame that it no longer exist.

Ndcent

Bangkok on Refugee Road. Do a search on this site for it. It’s many folks favorite.

I second Thai Orchid. Not as much Thai to pick from as other cuisines, but I enjoy that place.

Roland
    Participant

Another vote for Thai Orchid.

Too bad its out in BFE.

drew
    Participant

Thai Orchid is good, but Bangkok is the real deal- great *authentic* Thai food.

It is not, however, much for ambience…

Thai Taste on Kenny Road – back by Restaurant Japan – is actually pretty good Thai. Not much for ambiance either, but good stuff. I go for Burt’s amazing roasted duck – but others that have gone with love the Thai there.

Lorence
    Participant

We drove past it for months before finally stopping in – never should have waited so long! Located at King and North Star in Grandview, in a converted ex-Tim Horton’s – PS Thai Tai is darn good. Order at the counter, get served on styrofoam, put your trash in the can on the way out. It’s definately not swank, but the food is quite good. We’ve had a number of their Thai dishes. Enjoyed the Thai spring rolls (3/$3), the yellow curry, steak salad and pad thai; the Tom Yum Gai is very good, too. We lived on it for a week when we had colds last month.

Here’s a review of the place from Columbus Alive:

http://www.columbusalive.com/?sec=food&story=alive/2007/0913/fo-ps.html

Enjoy,

Lorence

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Put me down as a Bankok fan. Pretty inexpensive, wide-ranging menu, great service, they’ll cook anything vegetarian on request, and the food is just plain good.

thai taste is a must. too bad thai village is no longer around. i think the same family owns bankok on winchester pike?

enzo
    Participant

Roland wrote Another vote for Thai Orchid.

Too bad its out in BFE.

I say Thai Orchid too…really great, but really far. Thai Basil Seafood at Hunan House is good.

drew
    Participant

CDS sherman wrote thai taste is a must. too bad thai village is no longer around. i think the same family owns bankok on winchester pike?

I don’t know for sure, but I’d be surprised if it’s the same owners. Thai friends of mine won’t even think about going to Thai Taste, but won’t miss an opportunity to go to Bangkok. Thai Orchid is the #2 choice generally… partly because of the BFE factor.

I have to go with Thai Lagoon on Schrock right across from Budweiser. It’s inside a little hotel which is a bit of an unfortunate, inauspicious location, but the food rocks. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: