Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Tacos in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Tacos in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m surprised there’s no old thread discussing this (except for the one featuring fish tacos)… so, I figure this is long overdue…

Looking for advice on the absolute best tacos in Columbus? Multiple suggestions are welcome, as I know some of you might have a favorite spot for fancy tacos, favorite spot for cheap tacos or favorite spot for authentic versus americano styles. Bonus points if you can name a favorite spot for favorite fillings (who has the best barbacoa versus pork belly versus chorizo versus al pastor…

Chicken
    Participant

Taco Hass on Sawmill for Al Pastor.

jnfromm
    Participant

The best lengua can be found at Junior’s Tacos on W. 5th Avenue and Highland(?)… next door to Dairy Family, which also has one of the best selections of beer in town.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Fancy taco = Condado’s el santo ($4)
    Cheap taco to go = Junior’s (pick one I like them all, I get chicken a lot) ($1.50)
    Cheap taco at sit down = Charrito’s Suadero taco ($1.50) Although if you go here you should really have one of the stews.

And I think I’m the only person in town who doesn’t really care for Los Gauchos Al Pastor so take my suggestions with that in mind.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I like Taco Nazo (taco truck on 161 and Cleveland Ave) and Los Guachos.

For more Americanized tacos I thought Condado was pretty good when I tried it. I like Bakersfield too.

The duck tacos at Wolf’s Ridge are really good though if they have the head cheese tacos on special do not pass them up.

Oh and the breakfast tacos at Katalina’s are quite good as well.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Oh and the breakfast tacos at Katalina’s are quite good as well.

I forgot about breakfast tacos.. I have not been myself, but Nada’s looks to have (although expensive) a fantastic offering in that area.

Bacon and Egg Tacos: two flour tortillas each with a big slice of pork belly and a fried egg, plus salsa, guacamole, and pickled peppers.

image from here http://www.breakfastwithnick.com/2015/01/31/nada-columbus/

mbeaumont
    Participant

Holy hell, those look amazing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions thus far! :D

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Mmmm, this is my kind of thread.

I’ve had the pork and egg tacos at Nada, and they are as amazing as they look. The egg is barely cooked so the yolk almost acts as a sauce, plus the habanero sauce they have on the table is awesome.

The Cochinita Pibil taco at Bakersfield is awesome too if you like short rib. It’s got a pretty nice kick to it.

More authentic:

Hass, Los Guachos, and Charritos have my favorite pastor.

La Super Torta and Taqueria Guadalajara have awesome carnitas.

El Tacoriendo and Taco Loco for chorizo. Tortilla food truck has surprisingly good chorizo as well. Also, I’ve a big fan of the cecina tacos at Tacoriendo. I think Tacoriendo has my favorite red and green sauces in Columbus. The restaurant’s way out on Refugee, but the food truck is always parked on Allegheny and Stelzer.

Honorable mentions: Los Potosinos for the chicken and Mi Tradicion has a great steak and chorizo combo taco.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’m a fan of Local Cantina’s tacos. Well thought out and every one is completely different. Their fish and bbq brisket are my favorites.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I’m a fan of Local Cantina’s tacos. Well thought out and every one is completely different. Their fish and bbq brisket are my favorites.

That BBQ brisket taco is really good.

mbeaumont
    Participant

The battered hake tacos at Nada are good too.

samtrin
    Participant

phwaaa those tacos look AAAAMAZING!

desecration
    Participant

The Pollo Rojo taco at Bakersfield is my current favorite.

katywise
    Participant

Arepazo in Brewery District has the BEST Tuna TarTare Tacos– They are to die for! The shells are light and crispy and everything is so fresh! They are a must try for sure. I keep going back just for those tacos! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE