Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best place for sushi?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best place for sushi?

This topic contains 142 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gikim1118 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)
  • Author

gikim1118

I’ve been craving some sushi. Where do you guys frequent for good sushi?

Ndcent

Lemongrass.

Haiku is closer, but it sucks.

Mercurius
    Participant

I like Mr. Sushi in Gahana but nothing is better than Kihachi. Most of the menu is in Japanese but you only need two words- omakase and doumo

reSourceRyan

Although it’s blasphemy for me to say anything but Kooma, they’ve dissed me too many times :wink: . I’d stick with Hama at Easton, Shoku in Grandview, Akai Hana (formerly Restaurant Japan), Tyfoon, Haiku or Lemongrass… in that order.

TimFitz

Agree with Kihachi and Akai Hana. I’ve found Hama at Easton a little too over priced and have not been impressed with Shoku.

bjboose

Kooma all the way.

swan
    Participant

Ndcent wrote Lemongrass.

Haiku is closer, but it sucks.

word. everyone thinks haiku has the best sushi just because its the stereotypical sushi joint in town… every asshat who doesnt ever eat sushi goes to haiku and raves about how great it was… its average at best. i prefer lemongrass or kooma.

Kooma or Haiku!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Otani.

enzo
    Participant

KOOMA!!!!!!! 2004 Roll still one of my all time favorites. Typhoon sometimes has a good night for Sushi…hit or miss. Never disappointed at KOOMA. If you want the best in the state of Ohio, BELUGA in Cincinnati….HOLY MACAROLY…..

Mercurius
    Participant

Coremodels wrote Otani.

That place is completely a set from a 1970’s James Bond movie!!!! :lol:

Mercurius
    Participant

enzo wrote KOOMA!!!!!!! 2004 Roll still one of my all time favorites. Typhoon sometimes has a good night for Sushi…hit or miss. Never disappointed at KOOMA. If you want the best in the state of Ohio, BELUGA in Cincinnati….HOLY MACAROLY…..

Enzo, have you been to Kihachi? Although it sounds like you are hook line and sinker for the most gimmicky rolls?

Ndcent

swan wrote word. everyone thinks haiku has the best sushi just because its the stereotypical sushi joint in town… every asshat who doesnt ever eat sushi goes to haiku and raves about how great it was… its average at best. i prefer lemongrass or kooma.

Truth. Haiku’s sushi is crap.

Ndcent wrote

swan wrote word. everyone thinks haiku has the best sushi just because its the stereotypical sushi joint in town… every asshat who doesnt ever eat sushi goes to haiku and raves about how great it was… its average at best. i prefer lemongrass or kooma.

Truth. Haiku’s sushi is crap.

Man, haters on the Haiku. I’m no sushi expert like you guys are :roll: , but I’d say it’s far from crap. I’d also like to note that Haiku, although not on the scale of some of the mentioned joints, does have a great patio! Kooma on the other hand, is the size of my bedroom and sometimes pretty hard to get a table.

enzo
    Participant

Mercurius wrote

enzo wrote KOOMA!!!!!!! 2004 Roll still one of my all time favorites. Typhoon sometimes has a good night for Sushi…hit or miss. Never disappointed at KOOMA. If you want the best in the state of Ohio, BELUGA in Cincinnati….HOLY MACAROLY…..

Enzo, have you been to Kihachi? Although it sounds like you are hook line and sinker for the most gimmicky rolls?

I like some rolls but mostly it is the white tuna sashimi that is my ultimate love….and that soup with octopus that you get as an appetizer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.