Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best place for short run of color posters (11x17)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best place for short run of color posters (11×17)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by vestanpance vestanpance 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

Hey,

I’m trying to find a local smaller printer to do up art event posters, maybe at reduced rate in exchange for sponsorship and averts centered around the creative community.

Anyone wanna recommend good, reasonable, local business? Looking for around 200 posters, maybe some 500-1000 post cards as a follow on.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

posters – R Design on 4th st.
    cards – Hot Cards[/url]

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Anne wrote >>
    posters – R Design on 4th st.
    cards – Hot Cards[/url]

hotcards can actually print your posters as well. Their minimum run is usually 1,000, but that price still beats what you would get most other places, even for a lower quantity.

Who’s your designer?

Tigertree

I would go to Monks for posters. Great quality.

Coreroc

Just ask Adam for his connect at Hopkins printing as they usually do JV stuff for free.

Hotcards will sponsor limited events if you contact the Columbus office/Melt mag. You can also get printing cheap and good through Hotcards.com or jakprints.com and both companies are in Ohio so printing and turnaround take a few days in most cases.

Tigertree

So, hypothetically, if I am currently going through a dispute with a print shop that printed really crappy stickers for me and I have a chain of emails that both prove what a jerk the owner is and his refusal to make things right, and there is nothing on his signature saying the information is private, can I post those publicly? Also, I would not recommend going to Columbus Sign & Best Graphic.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

+1 for R Design

http://www.rdesignandprinting.com/

They’re in the Short North. I’ve had them do small (11″x17″) glossy card-stock posters for me for around $1 copy in small runs between 24-50.

They can sometimes turn them around in a couple of hours too if you get the order into them early in the morning. ;)

Thory
    Participant

+2 for R Design. They do our cards and tags at Grandview Mercantile. The cardstock company we use changed its color and when R Design saw that, they came by to make sure the new color was close enough to the original.

emanreese
    Participant

Try Digitek Printing in CA or check this one http://www.digitekprinting.com/foam-core-posters, this is a company that caters to small entrepreneurs and kickstarter’s business printing needs.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’ve used Blue Label before for small run print jobs. http://www.bluelabeldigital.com/ They are in Lancaster, and you can say you use the same printer that does Hill Farmsteads labels ;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: