Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best place for men's haircuts

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best place for men's haircuts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

bcooper

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! They’re very helpful.

bzarcher said:
    I’m a huge fan of Blue Star Barbershop up by Polaris, both for the regular cuts and the straight razor shaves now and then.

I was interested to see if anyone would bring up this one. I’ve been past it several times and it looked like a good place. Reviews on Yelp seem solid, too.

mfl243
    Participant

Teck’s Barbershop, 13th Ave, Campus—not a revival of the old school barbershop, the real deal, been in business since the 1930s—4 chairs, no appointments, collegiate haircuts

Barber House, Clintonville–one chair, appointment only, but Gerilyn does a great job and you have the place to yourself, if she’s accepting new clients

Old Familiar—been there 2x, good cuts, but did get the sense I was getting hustled out of the chair

If you’re not looking for a classic barbershop, we’d love to have you come by and try Lucky 13 in Clintonville. About half our clientele are men, and we’re a very casual, neighborhood-y type place. Our men’s cuts are $21, $24 with a wash. We refer a lot of our real short, detail-oriented men’s cuts to Jon, but seriously all of our stylists do tons of men’s cuts and will do a good job.

hivner1

John Henry’s chair on Gay St. His hours are hilariously selective but he’s a hell of a barber, conversationalist, and quick to boot.

Kahiki

Happy Mug & Brush customer. $15 for a men’s cut. I used to get my hair cut by Jim years ago, and liked it, and now I get it done by Sue, and I like it as well.

DavidF
    Participant

mfl243 said:
    Teck’s Barbershop, 13th Ave, Campus—not a revival of the old school barbershop, the real deal, been in business since the 1930s—4 chairs, no appointments, collegiate haircuts

Barber House, Clintonville–one chair, appointment only, but Gerilyn does a great job and you have the place to yourself, if she’s accepting new clients

Old Familiar—been there 2x, good cuts, but did get the sense I was getting hustled out of the chair

+1 on Tecks.

rkromer
    Participant

I’m all for Great Clips. (Victorian Village) I was a little leery of getting my hair cut at Great Clips after going to Full Service Salons all my life, but thought I’d give it a try one day. All I can say is “WOW”, what a pleasant surprise. I can get a GREAT haircut at a fraction of the cost I’ve been paying for years. I specifically ask for Todd, who never fails to disappoint. You can request a stylist when you check in, something I never knew.

groundrules
    Participant

rkromer said:
    I’m all for Great Clips. (Victorian Village) I was a little leery of getting my hair cut at Great Clips after going to Full Service Salons all my life, but thought I’d give it a try one day. All I can say is “WOW”, what a pleasant surprise. I can get a GREAT haircut at a fraction of the cost I’ve been paying for years. I specifically ask for Todd, who never fails to disappoint. You can request a stylist when you check in, something I never knew.

I used to go there when I first moved to the neighborhood, but I had a very different experience than you. I had a couple of average cuts and one horrible customer service experience involving a very lazy person and a bagel. That was enough to make me look elsewhere, right about the time that Lucky13 came into my life. They have been a great community supporter, so I tried them out. That was years ago. Have not looked back. 13th cut free is just a bonus. Adam is my dude there.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.