Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 264 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

The Wayfarer wrote It seems to be the consensus of this thread that Rossi, Plank’s on Parson’s, Flying Pizza, and Rubino’s are the favorites.

I’ve just got to say, in addition to those four (although I’m yet to try Rubino’s), Hounddog’s (w/smoking Joe’s and howling hot sauce) and Figlio are among my favorites. Although, I must say that Rossi’s pizza margarita is probably my absolute favorite. Excellent crust, grilled tomato, my only complaint is the lack of fresh whole leaf basil. With that addition, it’d be next to godliness.

If you’re eating with a group, you’re going to need a few large ones at Rubino’s. SOOO good.

shmack

i think the response to this question depends heavily on what night of the week it is. on monday night, i enjoyed a delicious smokin’ joes crust from hounddog’s. last night was a giant buckeye from adriatico’s. i’ve been known to spend many hours hanging out by bono and make special trips to rossi when bono is closed… i have a hard time accepting flying pizza as even halfway decent. if there’s one thing that columbus pizza joints haven’t mastered, it’s the new york slice — sarefino included.

Ndcent

shmack wrote if there’s one thing that columbus pizza joints haven’t mastered, it’s the new york slice — sarefino included.

There’s a place in Pickerington, Pizzeria New York I think it’s called, that does pretty damn good at NY style.

mneutron

I get the impression that the majority of you like “thin” crust pizza….BOOOO

Give me Adriaticos thick crust anytime!!!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

mneutron wrote I get the impression that the majority of you like “thin” crust pizza….BOOOO

We killed an entire buckeye size mushroom and pep last night.

Always delish.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

mneutron wrote I get the impression that the majority of you like “thin” crust pizza….BOOOO

I was born and raised in Columbus, so thin it is.

Daz
    Participant

I hate thin crust pizza.

There ya go.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The new ownership at Anthony’s in Bexley is making some incredible pizzas these days, similar to Yellow Brick in style, but dare I say even better!?

patient_zero
    Participant

Borgata Pizza Cafe is my favorite on the Northend. CMH Gourmand had to tell me what was good in my backyard. :] Read his blog.[/url]

Combo pizza from my last visit

Borgata "various toppings" by Pat

lakeerietransplant
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>
    Borgata Pizza Cafe is my favorite on the Northend. CMH Gourmand had to tell me what was good in my backyard. :] Read his blog.[/url]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157626665844283/

Doesn’t look like it has enough cheese or sauce.

Mercurius
    Participant

Charlie

Sarafinos in the North Market is the closest thing I’ve had in Columbus to NY style pizza.

patient_zero
    Participant

lakeerietransplant wrote >>

patient_zero wrote >>

Doesn’t look like it has enough cheese or sauce.

Oh, it was very tasty. And quite succulent. And it had the perfect combination of hand tossed dough, smartly seasoned sauce and melted cheese. The toppings were a whimsical mix of the owners choice as I didn’t want a heavy pizza that late in the night. The only thing I found lacking after finishing the whole pizza was – more pizza.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

Look, I don’t want to generalize or be hyperbolic, but every single person that disagrees with Adriatico’s being the best pizza in Columbus is the actual Devil.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: