Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 264 total)
  • Author

th0m
    Participant

Dante’s in Clintonville is maybe not the absolute best, but its pretty damn good…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think it’s too hard to pick one pizza place as my “favorite”. It really just depends on what mood I’m in.

dKilla

Without a doubt….The Rossi.

EatDrinkColumbus
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote

EatDrinkColumbus wrote i tried rubino’s for the first time two weeks ago. what’s up with the paper bag??? allows for the pizza to get cold .

Never got it to go. Whenever you eat pizza not at the place, all bets are off. Whenever pizza is discussed, there should be two categories – in-house and off-premise.

Adriatico’s just offends me for calling itself ‘New York’ style. Haven’t had it in a long time, but it certainly wasn’t memorable either way.

A.

I rarely order pizza if I’m dining in, so all my pizza experiences are take-out.

Went to the Slice of Columbus last week. Adriaticos once again affirmed that they do not have the best pizza in town. I’m not sure why it gets so much love.

If I had to choose a favorite, I would say Planks on High/Whittier. Mmm.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

EatDrinkColumbus wrote

Went to the Slice of Columbus last week. Adriaticos once again affirmed that they do not have the best pizza in town. I’m not sure why it gets so much love.

who won?

lifeliberty
    Participant

Fabians

Planks-Parsons

Adrioticos

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Surprised nobody has said Tommy’s. I’m not a huge fan but it seems to almost have a cult following around town. I get it from time to time. But… it’s just decent.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

vestanpance wrote Surprised nobody has said Tommy’s. I’m not a huge fan but it seems to almost have a cult following around town. I get it from time to time. But… it’s just decent.

LOL…well, as a UA grad, I’m supposed to just absolutely love Tommy’s…so I therefore refuse to ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

davescarpetti wrote

BCOZ wrote (I sincerely doubt he “bitched (them) out”)

My friend is a very calm person. The owner did bitch them out. Why would I lie? I LOVE their pizza. I resent being called a liar. [my aplogies to Walker for the immature language and sorry for offending anyone]

Dood…don’t have a thrombosis.

I didn’t call you a liar…I simply felt that the nefarious nature of the confabulation between the proprietor and your friend was probably overstated given time, distance and desired effect of the yarn.

Better?

If I ever actually call you a liar, I’ll be succinct…it’s how I roll.

Back on topic, the roasted tomatoes at the Rossi are the best pizza toppings in the world. Rossi crust needs some heft in the center.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I like pepperoni and cheese at Adriatico’s and the Margherita pizza from the Rossi the best. :D

caitlin

pizzeria new york in pickerington. its a drive but its the best i’ve had in the area.

Roland
    Participant

This thread made me so hungry for pizza that I ordered up some Rotolos this evening.

YUM!!!

chaptal
    Participant

D & EZO’s on Brown Road on the west side does a good pie.

Hard to beat Flying Pizza on campus for slices.

gsmittynd

Andrew Hall wrote

Paul wrote Best Ohio Valley style: Dicarlos in Hilliard[/size]

Runner Up: The place formerly known as the Original Steubenville Pizza Company

]

Bloody flatlanders! Anywhere else, this is know as “Pittsburgh style”.” :lol:

When OSPC (Fromaggio now, I think) opened, I was all excited to have Pittsburgh-style for the first time in years. Then I got it and realized why I never bothered even when in ‘burgh.

A.

Isn’t “Pittsburgh style” where they throw a bunch of fries on top of the pie?

would love a link to a article or page that describes the history of “valley” pie…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: