Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 264 total)
  • Author

No food is worth being disrespected for and that includes even the best restaurants in the world.

Even so, Flying Pizza is not that superior to others in Columbus as to not be easily substitutible.

My vote is for Rubino’s.

A.

EatDrinkColumbus
    Participant

i tried rubino’s for the first time two weeks ago. what’s up with the paper bag??? allows for the pizza to get cold quickly.

pizza was pretty good, very thin crusted. spaghetti was typically boring.

Andrew Hall wrote No food is worth being disrespected for and that includes even the best restaurants in the world.

To clarify, I’m definitely not advocating being disrespected in any frame of reference, let alone at a restaurant, where service should be as valuable as the quality of food. Simply a metaphor to explain how good Flying Pizza actually is, and putting up with their weird hours, and possibility of disrespect.

Has anyone mentioned Tommy’s yet, had it again last week, yum!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I actually really love Easy Street’s pizza, with Planks on Parsons a close second.

swan
    Participant

flying pizza is average at best… on a good day.

my vote is for the rossi or adriaticos.

Roland
    Participant

Enrico’s on Frantz Rd in Dublin.

Great family operated pizza joint….

Mercurius
    Participant

My vote goes to The Rossi or Zamarelli’s Pizza Palace in Grove City.

kgibson07

kings!

yum…

Paul
    Participant

Best pizza overall: Rofinis in Westerville

Best carry-out only: Rofinis

Runner-up: Rotolos

Best dine-in (tie): Eagles in New Albany / Planks on High St

Runner-up: Enricos in Dublin

Best by-the-slice: Flying Pizza

Runner-up: Pizza Napolitana

Best deep dish: Fabians

Runner-up: Wholly Joes is a distant second

Best Ohio Valley style: Dicarlos in Hilliard

Runner Up: The place formerly known as the Original Steubenville Pizza Company

Best New York/Hand-tossed Pizza: The Rossi

Most disparity between quality of pizza and quality of service: Hounddogs

Most overrated: Adriaticos

EatDrinkColumbus wrote i tried rubino’s for the first time two weeks ago. what’s up with the paper bag??? allows for the pizza to get cold .

Never got it to go. Whenever you eat pizza not at the place, all bets are off. Whenever pizza is discussed, there should be two categories – in-house and off-premise.

Flying Pizza (on campus) is better when getting a slice. It was – and may still be – the only place on campus to get a slice. Crisping up the crust in the oven improves it, though their use of the cheapest ingredients (told to me by an employee years ago) brings it down.

Adriatico’s just offends me for calling itself ‘New York’ style. Haven’t had it in a long time, but it certainly wasn’t memorable either way.

A.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote

Flying Pizza (on campus) is better when getting a slice. It was – and may still be – the only place on campus to get a slice. Crisping up the crust in the oven improves it, though their use of the cheapest ingredients (told to me by an employee years ago) brings it down.

you can get slices at cat fish biffs, but that might be even cheaper ingredients

I would have added Pizza Plus in Gahanna had I only gotten it once. The first time it was outstanding, easily best in Columbus by a mile. Subsequent visits were anywhere between OK-but-not-worth-the-trip to downright bad.

A.

Paul wrote Best Ohio Valley style: Dicarlos in Hilliard[/size]

Runner Up: The place formerly known as the Original Steubenville Pizza Company

]

Bloody flatlanders! Anywhere else, this is know as “Pittsburgh style”.” :lol:

When OSPC (Fromaggio now, I think) opened, I was all excited to have Pittsburgh-style for the first time in years. Then I got it and realized why I never bothered even when in ‘burgh.

A.

Paul
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote Bloody flatlanders! Anywhere else, this is know as “Pittsburgh style”.” :lol:

When OSPC (Fromaggio now, I think) opened, I was all excited to have Pittsburgh-style for the first time in years. Then I got it and realized why I never bothered even when in ‘burgh.

A.

I’ve been to Pittsburgh. I have friends in Pittsburgh. And that pizza, sir, is not Pittsburgh-style. As far as I know, it originated in the Ohio Valley, specifically the Wheeling/Steubenville area. And has since spread out some through Ohio. Everyone refers to it as “Valley-style.”

I will tell you what, though. I had Frank’s Pizza in Ambridge and it just knocked my socks off. But that is a traditional-style pizza.

scottlitch
    Participant

Rossi

Adriatico’s

Hound Dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.