Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Author

tobyb

ZPizza is really good. I thought they were only in the SN and north of Clintonville. Very fresh ingredients, Cowtown is hit or miss as far as that goes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bucki12 said:
    ZPizza is awesome. I didn’t know they had one in Grandview (well most of Grandview’s pizza is in 5xNW).

Wait, what? Where? Are you sure?

bucki12

Walker said:
    Wait, what? Where? Are you sure?

I am only sure that I didn’t know there was a ZPizza in Grandview. Derm mentioned it above me regarding delivery pizza in Grandview.

derm
    derm
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    I am only sure that I didn’t know there was a ZPizza in Grandview. Derm mentioned it above me regarding delivery pizza in Grandview.

Nope, just referencing the Panzera’s for delivery. Just did not see anyone talking about ZPizza and had heard good things about them.

bucki12

Sorry for the confusion, Grandview/5xNW has a ton of options and I wouldn’t be surprised if a ZPizza popped up. I have a friend who worked in a Minuteman by GE and it only lasted a year due to all the competition.

zp945
    Participant

We (zpizza) don’t have a location in Grandview/5XNW but we do deliver over there out of the short north shop. We go to Grandview Ave between King and Goodale.

Thanks for the recomendations!

ricospaz
    Participant

Rocco’s average pizza couldn’t make it in Grandview either. Overrated.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Rocco’s average pizza couldn’t make it in Grandview either. Overrated.

I thought it was pretty good pizza in a terrible location.

That may have been the only pizza joint in Grandview city limits too.

buckette13

ColumbusTime said:

LOL – Since Pharoah’s closed years ago, I think you might be right.

derm
    derm
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:

Not a bad location, the DK diner makes it fine tucked into a corner on third similarly. They started with no delivery which is bad and then just did not distinguish themselves. They basically had a restaurant and were a pizza joint. They could seat sixty people in that place but did not have liquor or beer. That is a huge space. They probably would have been competitive had they gotten a smaller pizza joint and competed harder out of the gate as well as did not have thirty other pizza places within a mile radius. At least they used a pizza oven. I thought their pizza tasted just fine, but not better than Panzera’s and they were more expensive.

Minuteman was the worst. High school kids feeding pizzas through the conveyor belt. Might as well get a hot and ready for five bucks if that is what you want.

Sparanos I tried once and it was poor. Grandads would probably fade out if they did not have a bar right next door. That helps them for sure. They also work with the schools at a discount to sell slices at the sports events and such which helps them as well. I would not order one unless I was at Byrne’s and then I would order and eat a whole one(and have done so lol)

derm
    derm
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    LOL – Since Pharoah’s closed years ago, I think you might be right.

I loved Pharoah’s. Lots of garlic, six dollar carryout special during the week. Pick up kids from karate, order pizza, get on way home. Six bucks.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

derm said:

Sparanos I tried once and it was poor.

They went down in quality after opening the Grandview location, but it used to be very good. In fact, I believe several Pizza Grand Prix s ago it won best traditional pepperoni vote on one that I brought with me.

chaptal
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    They went down in quality after opening the Grandview location, but it used to be very good. In fact, I believe several Pizza Grand Prix s ago it won best traditional pepperoni vote on one that I brought with me.

What comes out of the new location on Trabue is disappointing. It was a good place to pick up a pie on the way home from work.

I see Leonardos opened in the spot they were in on Hague.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I think it’s time for another Pizza Grand Prix!

GCrites80s
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Pizza Grand Prix s

GrandS Prix is how you handle that one.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: