Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 264 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

Hills Downtown sells rolled raw dough – Nice for when you didn’t think ahead to start your own dough the night before.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Only if you’re totally weird and un’Merican.

This woman speaks truth.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joev said:
    Hills Downtown sells rolled raw dough – Nice for when you didn’t think ahead to start your own dough the night before.

Night before?

I’ve found that a basic pizza dough can rise well enough in 30 minutes.

joev
    Participant

This dough recipe is killer, simple, and can keep in the fridge for three or four days (and actually benefits in taste from a long, slow rise time.

susank

I always thought it weird that places even sell dough. Boxed bisquick is another oddity, it is just measured staples in a box. Sometimes we are fooled to believe things are harder than they are and pay a price for that.

Dough is super easy to make and you get to control what is in it. You can even make some extra and freeze it for later.

Jman4ever
    Participant

I haven’t tried this yet so I can’t vouch for it, but this seems pretty simple to me.

2 ingredient pizza dough

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joev said:
    This dough recipe is killer, simple, and can keep in the fridge for three or four days (and actually benefits in taste from a long, slow rise time.

That’s pretty much the same recipe I use, but in slightly different quantities (I usually make less dough for 1 pizza than what that recipe is calling for). It says a 2 hour rise time is fine. I imagine the flavor could continue to improve overnight, but for the sake of functionality, 30 minutes has always been plenty for me.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

News said:
    25 Best Pizzas in Columbus

READ MORE: http://www.columbusmonthly.com/September-2013/Columbus-Best-Pizza/

Looks like they copied a list of all of the “popular” places based on hipster Yelp reviews. Especially the top 5. PageViews!

billbix

I think they have been making this list for quite awhile.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Top 5 looks pretty solid to me.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Looks like they copied a list of all of the “popular” places based on hipster Yelp reviews. Especially the top 5. PageViews!

1 out of 5 = copied list?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

The only one of the top 5 that would be in my top 5 is Natalie’s.

I am not a fan of “top xx” lists since I think most of the time they are pushing an agenda and they amount to lazy journalism/commentary. Sports writers and radio hosts are the worst offenders.

To each their own.

Mikey’s Late Night Slice at #10? The “review” doesn’t even give any reason why it is good pizza other than open late, near bars. I think it is average pizza at best.

GCrites80s
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:

You do realize that there’s not many hipsters in Columbus, right? Or is everybody that doesn’t wear a NASCAR hat daily a hipster?

Hipsters don’t really like Columbus very much.

RhondaH

GCrites80s said:
    You do realize that there’s not many hipsters in Columbus, right? Or is everybody that doesn’t wear a NASCAR hat daily a hipster?

Hipsters don’t really like Columbus very much.

There are a lot of closeted hipsters ready to come out… ;)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    The only one of the top 5 that would be in my top 5 is Natalie’s.

Maybe you should go’head and make your own list then. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: