Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 264 total)
  • Author

buckette13

Some people are lost causes. I have brought my brother Bono on numerous occasions and he still says he prefers the Sam’s Club pizza. ;(

derm
    derm
    Participant

On that note I will say Aldi’s sells an 18″ pizza that you have to take home and cook and eat as it does not fit in any of my freezers or fridges. 4.99. Easy to gussy up.

buckette13

Mama Cozzi! i have to admit having my share when I lived in the Hilltop. :)

joev
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I don’t understand why Serafino’s never makes these lists. I think they have one of the best NY-style slices in town. Way tastier than most of the bottom 10 on that list.

Maybe because New York style pizza is gross? Just a thought.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Glad to see DiCarlo’s made the list (although should be moved up about 10 in my opinion)

TheRocket
    Participant

Harvest is our fave. Ordered the Geary Street and a Butterscotch Budino to go a couple weekends ago and could not stop smiling about how great it is to have this level of creativity and flavor right down the street. The crust is amazing — if chewy with a little char in the crisp parts is your style.

I agree with Twixlen on Serafino’s — great choice if you’re feeling a little New York.

Woody Allen: “Pizza is a lot like sex. When it’s good, it’s really good. When it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.”

wpcc88
    Participant

jmak said:
    Glad to see DiCarlo’s made the list (although should be moved up about 10 in my opinion)

best kept secret of pizza.. Elm Grove DiCarlos in Wheeling, WV.. it will change your life

Twixlen
    Participant

joev said:
    Maybe because New York style pizza is gross? Just a thought.

Only if you’re totally weird and un’Merican.

joev
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Only if you’re totally weird and un’Merican.

Greasy, floppy pizza? NO THANK YOU MA’AM.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

joev said:
    Greasy

While I don’t think greasy should ever make a “best of” list, don’t underestimate its power. There was a time I’d have dreams about the little pools of grease trapped in the curved pepperonis on a Tommy’s pizza.

geoyui
    Participant

I haven’t had a take and bake pie in a while, but Mama Mimi’s was one of my favorites. I do miss Clever Crow …

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

geoyui said:
    I haven’t had a take and bake pie in a while

I never got take and bake. If I’m going to leave the house to buy a pizza, I’m not going to come home and finish the restaurant’s job for them.

geoyui
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I never got take and bake. If I’m going to leave the house to buy a pizza, I’m not going to come home and finish the restaurant’s job for them.

agree there’s a little more work (which explains why I hadn’t bought one in awhile), but their pizza just tasted so good right out of the oven. And they don’t skimp on the toppings.

billbix

I always thought there was something to the pizza ovens that I couldn’t replicate at home. That said, Bono is probably #2 due to the quirkiness of the place and coolness of the wood fired oven.

dlm
    Participant

Planks on Parsons
    Mikeys
    Sarefinos

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: