Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Pizza in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Best Pizza in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 264 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My kids think Romeo’s is a treat. Not cheap and benefits from reheating/crisping (see my post at the top of this page).

News
    Participant

Food Challenge: The 28-Inch Mega Meat Pizza
    Published on June 13, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

Joseppi’s Mega-Meat Challenge is a fifty dollar pizza. The pie is a whopping 28 inches in diameter, and covered in a heady mix of pepperoni, sauasage, ham, gound beef and bacon Bargain binger alert: if you and a pal can finish it off within sixty minutes, the pizza is free and you become immortal.

Well, maybe not immortal. In fact, finishing all that pizza might actually take a few years off your life. But, it’s totally worth it for bragging rights, a t-shirt and few other nice prizes.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/food-challenge-the-28-inch-mega-meat-pizza-ma1

News
    Participant

25 Best Pizzas in Columbus
    1. Harvest Pizzeria

Harvest doesn’t make Columbus-style pizzas, strictly speaking. Their pie is cut in triangles rather than squares, and the crust is charred and chewy rather than cracker-y. What they make instead are pizzas infused with the essence of Columbus. This place employs a trained chef who understands local sourcing and how flavors work together, who plucks tomatoes, herbs and vegetables from nearby farms to pair with cheeses made right here in Ohio. Harvest’s pizzas get every detail right.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusmonthly.com/September-2013/Columbus-Best-Pizza/

Jman4ever
    Participant

News said:
    25 Best Pizzas in Columbus
    1. Harvest Pizzeria

Harvest doesn’t make Columbus-style pizzas, strictly speaking. Their pie is cut in triangles rather than squares, and the crust is charred and chewy rather than cracker-y. What they make instead are pizzas infused with the essence of Columbus. This place employs a trained chef who understands local sourcing and how flavors work together, who plucks tomatoes, herbs and vegetables from nearby farms to pair with cheeses made right here in Ohio. Harvest’s pizzas get every detail right.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusmonthly.com/September-2013/Columbus-Best-Pizza/

Wow, how things have changed. Rotolo’s not in the top 25.
    Seems to me they always finished first or at least top 5 in the Columbus Monthly poll.

Note- not saying they are the best, it was just that they were always perceived as the best. For quite a while.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jman4ever said:
    Seems to me they always finished first or at least top 5 in the Columbus Monthly poll.

I only glanced at the article, but I think it was an editorial-based list and not a reader survey/poll, right?

Jman4ever
    Participant

Walker said:
    I only glanced at the article, but I think it was an editorial-based list and not a reader survey/poll, right?

I didn’t see where it said one way or another.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Bexley Pizza Plus is the most overpriced bullshit pizza on the planet. You could spend close to $30 on a specialty large and it’s like a shitty DiGiornio.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Jman4ever said:

Note- not saying they are the best, it was just that they were always perceived as the best. For quite a while.

since clever crow closed I’ve been re-exploring Columbus family pizza places. the biggest discoveries I’ve made is Rotolo’s is nowhere near as good as my memory of it, and Panzera’s is a far better choice, especially for crust and sausage.

FoodFort
    Participant

Leonardos is back after being gones for decades. On Hague in the old Sparano’s location. They have a mean cream puff there.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Bexley Pizza Plus is the most overpriced bullshit pizza on the planet. You could spend close to $30 on a specialty large and it’s like a shitty DiGiornio.

True dat, I was not impressed, especially with Rubino’s so close.
    For me, it just doesn’t get any better than Ange’s.
    RIP Catalfino’s “The Champion” :(

Twixlen
    Participant

I don’t understand why Serafino’s never makes these lists. I think they have one of the best NY-style slices in town. Way tastier than most of the bottom 10 on that list.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Hard to argue with Harvest being on top.

Easy to argue that Columbus Monthly has lost any interest in doing any actual journalism–back-to-back cover stories on the best shopping in town, and the best pizza in town. Le sigh.

derm
    derm
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:
    since clever crow closed I’ve been re-exploring Columbus family pizza places. the biggest discoveries I’ve made is Rotolo’s is nowhere near as good as my memory of it, and Panzera’s is a far better choice, especially for crust and sausage.

They used to have a tapped keg right next to the counter whereupon you could order your pie, order a pitcher of beer, sit outside right on the corner of Grandview and 3rd waiting for your pizza then have dinner at a table al fresco. They still have beer, just bottles now. Still a good time.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Also, I really like Jet’s. I have now put Meisters deep dish on the list of things to order asap.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I don’t understand why Serafino’s never makes these lists.

Agreed, they get looked over too often.
    And no Cafe Napolitana? We ordered some for work function recently and everyone was blown away, asking who it was and where they’re located. Great pies.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: