Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Patty Melts in Cbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Patty Melts in Cbus?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

patient_zero
    Participant

The Best Breakfast and Sandwiches in Westerville has a patty melt.
    Never had it.
    Fitzy’s Old Fashioned Diner on the Westerville boarder has a patty and Frisco melt. Haven’t had them either.
    The Pancake House on the south side of Schrock in Westerville has a patty melt too.
    A few more spots and we have a patty melt district.

Ned23
    Participant

The Best Breakfast and Sandwiches in Westerville has a patty melt.<br>
    Never had it.<br>
    Fitzy’s Old Fashioned Diner on the Westerville boarder has a patty and Frisco melt. Haven’t had them either.<br>
    The Pancake House on the south side of Schrock in Westerville has a patty melt too.<br>
    A few more spots and we have a patty melt district.

Very interesting. I only go there for breakfast so it never occurred to me to check their lunch menu but they have fantastic fresh bread so I bet they make a killer patty melt. Thanks!

Ned23
    Participant

We tried the patty melt at Best Breakfast over the weekend. It got about 7/10 stars. The onions could have been browned a bit more and the rye bread that they make on site, which is fantastic for toast, is a bit on the soft & fluffy side for a patty melt. Rusty Bucket is still in the lead. Will try Blue Danube, soon.

patient_zero
    Participant

Culver’s makes sourdough melts and Wisconsin swiss melts with their Butterburgers.

http://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/butterburgers

Ned23
    Participant

We tried the patty melt at the India Oak Grill over the weekend. For those not familiar with India Oak, it’s basically a small sports bar built on an old, diagonal, railroad right-of-way in Clintonville, just off of Oakland Park Ave.

We ordered a patty melt, and “The Official Clintonville Cheeseburger”, along with a bowl of the Italian wedding soup and two soft drinks. First, the patty melt is really more of a cheeseburger on garlic toast, there are no grilled onions to speak of. The toast was a white bread with corn-dusted bottom and it was slathered with garlic butter and grilled on both sides. The “Official Clintonville Cheeseburger” is a classic 1/4 pound cheeseburger on a sesame bun that was also toasted with garlic butter. The Italian wedding soup was surprisingly good, the broth had a distinct pepperoni flavor. Best part? Probably the price. The entire meal, which included two sandwiches, two drinks and a cup of soup was $16, compared to just a single 1/3 lb. burger at Northstar which runs $14 by itself.

Kilgore Trout
    Kilgore Trout
    Participant

We tried the patty melt at the India Oak Grill over the weekend. For those not familiar with India Oak, it’s basically a small sports bar built on an old, diagonal, railroad right-of-way in Clintonville, just off of Oakland Park Ave… The Italian wedding soup was surprisingly good, the broth had a distinct pepperoni flavor…

I didn’t know about the rail right-of-way, but I did know that the building is an old car wash.
    The Owner rotates a variety of good homemade soups. I recently tried he beer cheese soup and it was tasty. I’ve never tried their burgers, as I usually stick to the Italian sub.

Eugene_C
    Participant

….The Owner rotates a variety of good homemade soups. I recently tried he beer cheese soup and it was tasty. I’ve never tried their burgers, as I usually stick to the Italian sub….

Agree. The soups here are amazingly good for a budget dive bar. The Sub is their signature sandwich.

scarletandgrey
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to try their Italian sub, but the soups sound like the best bet.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Phillips coney island on west broad makes a good patty melt. Order the double.

Kilgore Trout
    Kilgore Trout
    Participant

Yogi’s Bar & Grill in Dublin (two locations) has a Saturday Special listed as a “Patty Melt and Side” for $8.

I’ve never tried it (never been there on a Saturday), but their food is better than average for bar fare, and they have good daily specials on food and drinks.

Ryoko285
    Participant

Tiptop has a great patty melt! All their sandwiches are great though

A161830
    Participant

I had the patty melt at DK Diner in Grandview Heights last week. I don’t eat them very often but it was solid.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: