Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Patios in Columbus - Summer of 2010 Edition!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Best Patios in Columbus – Summer of 2010 Edition!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Neil Jaye

There are lots of cool patios in town but I have several favorite for many different reasons. Here’s my list:

Bar Louis (Easton and Arena District): Arena District has a great happy hour crowd and while the crowd isn’t the most social it’s still great for early evening people watching. Easton is smaller but has a great view of the Easton area and going-ons.

Due Amici: Not big but it’s the only restaurant (to my knowledge) with a true sidewalk café feel. It reminds me of NYC or Miami spaces; good upscale dishes served in the heart of the city. Very nice.

Basi Italia: a tucked away, hell it’s practically hidden, space that feels cozy and a little exclusive. A great patio for a date or just a nice meal with a group of friends.

Arlington Café: Okay, it’s in the ‘burbs and the place has a ‘reputation’, but they may have one of the coolest patios in the city. The patio is completely enclosed, like a hole in the middle of the bar. With the about a dozen large HD TVs and a full bar, it truly feels like you brought the outdoors inside. It’s truly a unique experience.

Bristol Bar: This bar feels exclusive and private like no other patio in the city. It feels like you can do whatever you want because the patio is invisible to the street or the rest of the bar for that matter. It’s like a private little oasis of a space.

Barcelona: Enough said. Just an around great patio.

Neil Jaye

Sorry about the triple post.

Neil Jaye

Sorry about the triple post.

manticore33
    Participant

If you ever make it to Delaware most (80+%) of the restaurants have patios.

scottlitch
    Participant

Bristol Bar’s patio is one of Columbus’ best kept secrets.

Mdp2222

Big fan of Basi and Barcelona downtown. Also stumbled upon Mezzo in Gahanna recently. Beautiful patio and scenery with a park right behind it to walk off the meal

Angel

I don’t like barcelona’s tables and chairs. uncomfortable.

arlington cafe really does have a great patio. I work right near it so we go to happy hour sometimes.

has anyone tried the cabo place on 33? I might go there tomorrow for happy hour to check it out.

neatz

I drive by that cabo place every now and again – it looks fun! Lemme know how it is?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Last call for best patio lists. Feel free to provide your personal top 5 or top 10. going to tally these up in the morning. ;)

Angel

I went to cabo last night after work. I know they probably can’t help it but ants everywhere! and my margarita didn’t have GM in it like I wanted. :(

the servers were nice though.

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

Patrick J’s up in Clintonville-ish has a great, shaded patio in the back. Totally agree with all the other patio suggestions!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

The City of Columbus cracked down on patio “offenders” late last summer citing Tip Top for having patio umbrellas that encroached on the city’s airspace. The City also cited Due Amici and Cafe Brioso for their flower planters that also encroached on city owned airspace, apparently the blooms spilling over the railing were a hazard. The ridiculous crackdown that punished hard-working small businesses for simply beautifying their sidewalks has left downtown business owners a bit nervous about building or beautifying their sidewalk space.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

My favorite patio is O’Reilly’s Pub. Not the most beautiful but definitely the friendliest service and crowd.

Corey A

lizless wrote >>
    My favorite patio is O’Reilly’s Pub. Not the most beautiful but definitely the friendliest service and crowd.

+1 I hoped someone would mention O’Reilly’s.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE