Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Non-Jeni's Ice Cream

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Non-Jeni's Ice Cream

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

arualpalm
    Participant

Demeatloaf said:
    I think I may be the only person in Columbus that doesn’t care for Jeni’s.

+1

bzarcher
    Participant

Static-X said:
    Ben & Jerry’s “Schweddy Balls”. I love my Schweddy Balls. And to all you women out there trying to boycott Ben & Jerry’s for their “Schweddy Balls” ice cream, maybe you need to put some Schweddy Balls in your mouth. There’s nothing wrong with putting some schweddy balls in your mouth every once in a while. Try it, you’ll like it!!!

Where’d you find it in Columbus? I’ve been checking Kroger / GEs around Hilliard and Dublin and haven’t had any luck yet.

Static-X

bzarcher said:
    Where’d you find it in Columbus? I’ve been checking Kroger / GEs around Hilliard and Dublin and haven’t had any luck yet.

I visited a buddy of mine down in Cincinnati a week ago, and they had a couple containers of Schweddy Balls. I couldn’t tell you what store they got it from. It consists of vanilla ice cream, rum, fudge-covered rum balls and milk chocolate malt balls.

HeySquare
    Participant

groundrules said:
    don’t feel one goddamn ounce of shame over loving dairy queen.

when we stop loving dairy queen, the terrorists have won.

Have you guys been to the tiki-themed DQ in Grove City?

A Heath Bar Blizzard among the Tiki gods is really really awesome.

groundrules
    Participant

HeySquare said:
    Have you guys been to the tiki-themed DQ in Grove City?

A Heath Bar Blizzard among the Tiki gods is really really awesome.

god, if they could make me a Mr. Misty Mai Tai…

patient_zero
    Participant

Columbus Music Co-op said:
    knight’s. they used to have a shop in north linden too but i think they’re just in westerville now

They close in the Fall and Winter. :[ Passed by there on my way to Sharon Woods today. Cleveland Ave/Schrock Rd doesn’t get as much foot traffic as downtown Westerville, so I imagine people just zip by in their cars in the colder months.

I wish they would use their street sign for something other than “raspberry sorbet here” for the entire 6 months they are open. A different featured flavor every week would be garner some interest.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is for rus, but he probably won’t see it because he says he doesn’t eat dessert.
    http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/06/ron_swanson_ice_cream.html
    Nor does he drink scotch…
    Still kinda funny.
    I guess I could put it on the Parks & Rec thread.

desecration
    Participant

groundrules said:
    god, if they could make me a Mr. Misty Mai Tai…

Brilliant!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

patient_zero
    Participant

The Vienna Ice Café was closed on Monday (duh, should have called first), but headed back north to the Worthington Graeter’s. Delicious find there.

Mexican Chocolate – a bonus flavor* now. Their Mexican Chocolate is patterned after Mexican hot chocolate, traditionally flavored with Ancho chili and cinnamon. If you’ve ever wondered what eating a really good hot chocolate would taste and feel like, this is it. Full mouth, with tons of flavor. Plenty of milk fat.

*Bonus Flavors are short run flavors that change every two weeks, and can be voted on by their customer base. Watermelon sorbet was a bonus flavor, and the next ice cream flavor involves coconut.

Twixlen
    Participant

patient_zero said:
    The Vienna Ice Café was closed on Monday (duh, should have called first), but headed back north to the Worthington Graeter’s. Delicious find there.

FUNNY! Tried to go to Vienna IC after St. James as well! We ended up at Whit’s – which I enjoyed. Their peanut butter sauce and marshmallow sauce are excellent. :D

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I really love the Ashby’s Sterling ice cream that they serve at Two Mad Dogs on Sawmill Rd.

patient_zero
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    FUNNY! Tried to go to Vienna IC after St. James as well! We ended up at Whit’s – which I enjoyed. Their peanut butter sauce and marshmallow sauce are excellent. :D

It sounds like a great night for you, piergies and custard. Yum. I bet the marshmallow sauce would taste like heaven on the Mexican chocolate.

joev
    Participant

Custard? The thread isn’t called “best non-ice cream ice cream.

tdziemia
    Participant

Tried my first Whit’s a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. Flavor was Buckeye somethin’ or other … whatever a buckeye is supposed to be, it was pretty good.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION