Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Non-Jeni's Ice Cream

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Non-Jeni's Ice Cream

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

I think it might be the stuff they use to clean their soft serve machines.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

groundrules said:
    don’t feel one goddamn ounce of shame over loving dairy queen.

Nothing beats an Oreo Blizzard from time to time. ;)

Anidem
    Participant

Walker said:
    Have you ever been out to Ye Olde Mill? ;)

http://www.velveticecream.com/mill/ye_olde_mill.asp

Ah, yes, thank you, but haven’t been able in a few years. A favorite day trip when I was a kid as I’m sure many others here. But I’ll be in town this weekend and the clown place is more feasible. :)

buckeye33

I grew up on Knights Knights Ice Cream out in Westerville. Hands down best drumstick you will ever eat. Greaters for chip wheelies all day.

cbus11

UDF Homemade Pumpkin Pie…I think I got that 2 for $3 at end of Fall Season last year…I was so sad I did not buy more.

DonnaTate

I think the ice cream we make is better than most anything you can find in Columbus. I’m not an ice cream snob, I have no problem grabbing a blizzard at DQ.
    Graeter’s is nice for the play area, so that would probably be my first choice after Jeni’s.

lovetoeat

The banana pudding is also at two mad dogs in Powell we had it the other day also had the jacked up it has bourbon whiskey sauce in it from ashbys. they also have soft serve vanilla an chocolate and rotating yogurts . joev i think they also had a peach flavor

tolemac5050
    Participant

Coreroc said:
    Graeters has the best rasberry and dark chocolate chunk around.

it is good

Bowzer

Vienna’s has nice flavors and a good vibe. I am trending away from salty caramel after hearing of issues with not offering health insurance to some employees. It will always be my favorite.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Anidem said:
    I still like Baskin Robbins (jamoca almond fudge and peanut butter and chocolate), even though it’s a national chain. Velvet’s good, too. Unless someone mentions GD Ritzy’s again- still miss that.

Love Jeni’s, though, got an ice cream maker, her recipe book, and have made the lemon and blueberries and strawberry buttermilk with fantastic results.

I need to follow up with the contact about a possible rebirth of Ritzy’s in town. He said most likely next year (2012) if at all…don’t hold your breath…

Static-X

Ben & Jerry’s “Schweddy Balls”. I love my Schweddy Balls. And to all you women out there trying to boycott Ben & Jerry’s for their “Schweddy Balls” ice cream, maybe you need to put some Schweddy Balls in your mouth. There’s nothing wrong with putting some schweddy balls in your mouth every once in a while. Try it, you’ll like it!!!

Twixlen
    Participant

Static-X said:
    Ben & Jerry’s “Schweddy Balls”. I love my Schweddy Balls. And to all you women out there trying to boycott Ben & Jerry’s for their “Schweddy Balls” ice cream, maybe you need to put some Schweddy Balls in your mouth. There’s nothing wrong with putting some schweddy balls in your mouth every once in a while. Try it, you’ll like it!!!

Well done on offending the maximum number of people with that one.

As for favorites – I’m eating it right now…. Homemade Pumpkin Pie. Dammit. It’s so good.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Alec Baldwin WAS the host of SNL last night…..

Demeatloaf

I think I may be the only person in Columbus that doesn’t care for Jeni’s.

bman
    Participant

Demeatloaf said:
    I think I may be the only person in Columbus that doesn’t care for Jeni’s.

Blasphemy!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: