Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best martini in C-bus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Best martini in C-bus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author

lo siento; the Sazerac actually popped up on the cocktails post. I just hit the wrong link.

Bear
    Participant

David S Lewis wrote >>
    I used angostura; I keep them around for a few other drinks I like…I don’t think those are the right ones, though.

Peychaud’s… I doubt many people would notice the difference in taste, but for the sake of history, since Peychaud was the inventor of the drink… (but then again I think he used cognac rather than rye, so there goes historical accuracy.)

I actually discovered it on the Gumbopages link mentioned in the other thread, many moons ago. It was one of the first drinks that convinced me that I should mix my own rather than go to bars. Night and day better than anything I’d ever been served.

Nothing against Sage or anyone’s favorite bartender, but my first martini of the year always goes down on my porch. It’s an important ritual of mine, a salute to Spring and the death of evil Winter, a season that makes my Navy-knee ache and my temper violent. When Winter finally gives up a death rattle (usually in the form of tulips) I am ready with the gin. I plan it in advance, friends come over, and it must be perfect.
    I think I may have to make an exception Wednesday, though, and try out the wares of this legendary Sage bartender. I think it’s supposed to be warm Wednesday, anyway, like 68?

Cookie

Have we picked a day and verified that everyone’s favorite bartender will be there?

Cookie

OK, it looks like everyone’s favorite martini mixologist will not be behind the bar on Wednesday or Thursday, but will be on Friday and Saturday.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>
    OK, it looks like everyone’s favorite martini mixologist will not be behind the bar on Wednesday or Thursday, but will be on Friday and Saturday.

Crappity crap. I’ll be out of town Friday and Saturday. Can we shoot for next week? Or will you survey the place without me and I’ll join you for a later gathering?

Cookie

catnfiddle wrote >>
    Crappity crap. I’ll be out of town Friday and Saturday. Can we shoot for next week? Or will you survey the place without me and I’ll join you for a later gathering?

I walk by the place daily, so I’d be happy to meet you there any time.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Tonight or Friday.. Friday is best. Hopefully I’ll be unable to attend next week.

Cookie

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    Tonight or Friday.. Friday is best. Hopefully I’ll be unable to attend next week.

Unless Catnfiddle objects, let’s go with Friday, and we can always plan to meet again there later. If she objects, I guess I’ll just have to go to Martini Happy Hour at Sage twice this week.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>
    I walk by the place daily, so I’d be happy to meet you there any time.

Gosh I dunno, let me check my schedule. Thanks for thinking of me though ;)

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>

Unless Catnfiddle objects, let’s go with Friday, and we can always plan to meet again there later. If she objects, I guess I’ll just have to go to Martini Happy Hour at Sage twice this week.

I’m down.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’ll manage as long as there’s liquor there next week.

Cookie

catnfiddle wrote >>

We’ll try not to drink it all on Friday.

Cookie wrote >>

catnfiddle wrote >>

We’ll try not to drink it all on Friday.

Leave your stupid comments in your pocket. Jack ass!

Cookie

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    Leave your stupid comments in your pocket. Jack ass!

No scotchka for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: