Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best martini in C-bus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Best martini in C-bus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

If you need a game, you are doing it wrong.

Bear
    Participant

David S Lewis wrote >>
    in the spring, perhaps I revive this thread and we can all get together for an amateur bartender contest. I like competitive drinking, and I am weirded out by conventional drinking games…opportunity knocks.

Sounds like fun. Always up for learning new tricks.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Bear wrote >>

David S Lewis wrote >>
    in the spring, perhaps I revive this thread and we can all get together for an amateur bartender contest. I like competitive drinking, and I am weirded out by conventional drinking games…opportunity knocks.

Bacon Camp rebranded as Liquor Camp?

Bear
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

David S Lewis wrote >>

Heh. Instead of Top Chef, maybe Bottom Drunk?

Gotta say, though, there are some obvious participants who are lurking quietly. If Mercurius isn’t involved it just isn’t worth doing — kid’s a prodigy. And rumor has it that Mr. Hall has singlehandedly lengthened the liver-transplant lists in no fewer than three states. Both of them are a joy to watch.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I’ll happily volunteer as a judge.

Cookie

David S Lewis wrote >>
    This talk of nuance sounds snotty to me…for the record, I live on the South End and can’t afford a car. (Because I spend my money on gin…)

And hookers.

Bear wrote >>

David S Lewis wrote >>

Uh …

Bear
    Participant

I’m getting that horrible “I missed the other thread” feeling.

Cookie, that’s rude.

shmack

cookie, that’s hilarious. thank you.

Cookie

Bear wrote >>

I’m getting that horrible “I missed the other thread” feeling.

I started a new thread about it here.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Bear wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

David S Lewis wrote >>

Heh. Instead of Top Chef, maybe Bottom Drunk?
    Gotta say, though, there are some obvious participants who are lurking quietly. If Mercurius isn’t involved it just isn’t worth doing — kid’s a prodigy. And rumor has it that Mr. Hall has singlehandedly lengthened the liver-transplant lists in no fewer than three states. Both of them are a joy to watch.

+1 to that Bear. Merc is a cocktail genius. But I do believe it was the pairing of Merc and Mr. A. Hall that were nearly my undoing at your house one fine evening. Thankfully Mr. Gourmand removed my last Merc Manhattan from my hand and saved me a trip to the hospital…or at the very least a trip to lie down on the floor of your bathroom for a few hours. That champagne cocktail Andrew made was still one of the tastiest things I’ve ever had. I’d definitely be a willing drinker if this contest needs drunks.
    Er.
    Judges.

Sazerac. Last night. With Pernod, not absinthe…holy crap. It is a time investment, more so than the Old Fashioned, but I am pained to admit it’s a better general-purpose cocktail. It’s not going to compete with juleps on Derby Day, but it is undoubtedly one tasty beverage. Where did you guys hear about this, and does anyone in town make this? You would think one of the bars that got excited about absinthe would pour you one.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

David S Lewis wrote >>
    Sazerac. Last night. With Pernod, not absinthe…holy crap. It is a time investment, more so than the Old Fashioned, but I am pained to admit it’s a better general-purpose cocktail. It’s not going to compete with juleps on Derby Day, but it is undoubtedly one tasty beverage. Where did you guys hear about this, and does anyone in town make this? You would think one of the bars that got excited about absinthe would pour you one.

I think the specific type of bitters may be the hard part. I’m really curious to try this now.

I used angostura; I keep them around for a few other drinks I like…I don’t think those are the right ones, though.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

David S Lewis wrote >>
    I used angostura; I keep them around for a few other drinks I like…I don’t think those are the right ones, though.

I’ve got angostura for the Manhattans. I’ll have to play around with this sometime.

And damnit…the whiskey drinkers are derailing another thread….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: