Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants Downtown?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants Downtown?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

gramarye
    Participant

Got a Facebook request from a friend for a good kid-friendly restaurant downtown (near the Convention Center) for a 5th birthday party. Sad to say it’s been too long since I’ve been downtown (other than for a court appearance that sadly didn’t allow much time for seeing what has changed in the area). Any suggestions?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Heh. Depends on how large the party is going to be, and what kinds of foods the kids are into. ;)

I’d look for any spot that can accommodate a large group of any age if they need a private room.

Or, if they want to go nontraditional… hitting up the North Market could be fun. Pizza from Sarefino’s and dessert from Destination Donuts or Jeni’s? ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

You’re so close to the Arena District. I’d say Buca Di Beppo. They can handle large parties, kids menu, and it’s easy.

Howye
    Participant

My kids are annoyingly picky but love Rodizo in the Arena District. The show aspect, they get to chose the food they want, and almost no waiting. Plus kids 11 and under are pretty cheap.

japoling
    Participant

Bar Louie has a good kids menu. May be able to get the upstairs space depending on day/time, etc.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I second Buca Di Beppo.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not to be a zealot about it… but I’d recommend something local and unique over a chain.

Jussayin.

ricospaz
    Participant

Dick’s last resort, though a chain, would be fun for the kids.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Not to be a zealot about it… but I’d recommend something local and unique over a chain.

Jussayin.

Not so subtle urban liberal post.

RedStorm
    Participant

Max & Erma’s is right there as well. Buca and probably Mongolian bd’s could accommodate larger groups as well.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Ah forgot about Max and Erma’s. Good call.

joev
    Participant

Northstar Cafe is easy and delicious. Hubbard Grille and Forno are all good options with private areas that don’t seem too isolated.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Got a Facebook request from a friend for a good kid-friendly restaurant downtown (near the Convention Center) for a 5th birthday party. Sad to say it’s been too long since I’ve been downtown (other than for a court appearance that sadly didn’t allow much time for seeing what has changed in the area). Any suggestions?

Ha, I was like “this poster is being very casual and upfront about the fact that they have a court appearance”. Then I saw it was you.

Roland
    Participant

Does Superchefs still have a location downtown? I’ve been to the one in Gahanna and the superhero theme and good breakfasts would be a hit with any kid.

Mike88
    Participant

Mongolian Grille would be fun for kids, pick out their meal and watch dudes with big “swords” cook it up.

Yeah kid version of me would dig that. Heck Grown up does too sometimes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION