Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best kept secret gift idea in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Best kept secret gift idea in the Short North

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bornready2
    Participant

Went to the holiday Gallery Hop and stumbled across something at Torso called “KraKorn” which is clusters of home made caramel popcorn, cashews, pecans, peanuts and almonds, drizzled with milk and dark chocolate and sold in 10 oz. bags for 8 bucks! It’s conveniently on display and available for sampling right there in the store and it is ADDICTIVE as all get-out (hence the name…lol). What’s more, 25% of all proceeds goes to ARC (AIDS resource center of Ohio) so check it out if you’re in the market for a super delicious alternative to gumdrops and candy canes this Christmas. Happy Holidays!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I know this is a advertisement but…

naming/referring to food as Crack has jumped the shark.

SteveKZ087
    Participant

As a teenager, my friends and I would refer to strawberry crunch bars as “opiate bars.” Not sure if we were being clever, or teenagers. Also not sure how we were so familiar with the term “opiate” and its side effects; in this case, a reference to the fact that eating one opiate bar led to eating more and more until they were gone, and then fixing hardcore until purchasing another box.

Attachments:

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’m addicted to crack and regularly call it food.

welkstar
    Participant

The ads are evolving!

Attachments:

DLDude
    Participant

Is this an ad thread now?!?

CUT MAPS! GET YER CUT MAPS HERE http://www.cutmaps.com. FOR THE COLUMBUS LOVER IN YOU!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Buy my used underwear. PM for details.

bornready2
    Participant

To the naysayers/cynics on this thread, let me first say that my post in regard to “Krakorn” is NOT and ad (although I realize it may read as such to some). According to one of the guys @ Torso, the maker of Krakorn is a guy from Pa. who has been making it as a holiday gift to friends and family for years. Apparently, the owner of the shop is one of those friends and suggested he sell it in the store this year and donate a portion of the proceeds to charity.
    I for one, think it’s a great idea as well as a great product. But then again, I’ve actually seen, sampled and purchased it.
    And as far as the name goes? Get a sense of humor already- how many of us consider ourselves “chocoholics”?
    Sorry for the defensive/negative tone here but I just felt the need to rebuke the implication that I’m some kind of “scammer”.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Sorry for the defensive/negative tone here but I just felt the need to rebuke the implication that I’m some kind of “scammer”.

Sorry for the advertisement comment then… but when your first post to the messageboard reads the way it does it’s normally an ad.

bornready2
    Participant

No worries. Thanks for that.

Truth: I go crazy for carmel corn + nuts + (milk) chocolate too. Lots of places (Trader Joe’s, Fresh Market, Target) have something similar, except they use fake chocolate. That stuff without cocoa butter is the worst betrayal ever. Good to know you found the real deal somewhere.

I make something similar: Golden Grahams, Chex, Pretzels, Salted Cashews/Almonds/Peanuts covered with white chocolate (NOT confectioner coating). It was called “Christmas Crack”, but now it needs a new hip name, I see.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: