Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best jobs in Columbus: Brewmaster Angelo Signorino

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Best jobs in Columbus: Brewmaster Angelo Signorino

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Best jobs in Columbus: Brewmaster Angelo Signorino

By Jesse Tigges

From the August 23, 2012 edition

Q: What’s your favorite part of being the brewmaster at Barley’s Brewing Co.?

A: I love when there’s an idea for a beer, and following that idea from formulation to execution to watching people enjoy it. It’s magic to me.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/08/23/best-jobs-in-columbus-brewmaster-angelo-signorino.html

catnfiddle
    Participant

Great Q&A! Barley’s has always been my go-to for a glass or growler of stout or (if I’m lucky) their amazing St. Joan’s Revenge.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Very cool O’Angle!
    And cat I agree, Barleys has been doing it right for a long time and Angelo has been an intergral part of that success!
    Despite all the new breweries popping up, Barley’s is still my flagship go to bar for a great pint of brew.
    I have to admit I do miss seeing Scott there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Porky said:

I have to admit I do miss seeing Scott there.

He’s in there almost daily (somebody has to make sure I’m not messing up the Scottish).

The article couldn’t include the entire interview so I’d like to add;
    It wouldn’t be such a great job if I wasn’t surrounded by great people.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Thumbs up!

patient_zero
    Participant

Angelo does have one of the best jobs in Columbus, and he is one of the best persons to know as well. If you haven’t taken the time to get to know this kind and jovial man, passionate about so many things beyond beer, you are missing out on life.

There is no “q” in the word team. He is fortunate to be surrounded by incredible people at Barley’s, including supportive owner Lenny, GM Jason, events man Ian, assistant brewers Gabe and Stephen, bartender Erin, just to name a few. The Barley’s culinary team produce an array of tasty offerings that compliment the many hand-crafted beers that Angelo and team produce.

Here’s some shots with the brewmaster over the last few years. Salve, Angelo!

Beer, brother, music, volunteerism a ComFest 2012

Columbus Winter BeerFest 2012

19th anniversary tapping with Jeni Britton Bauer

Barley’s tasting at Studio 35 (with asst brewers Gabe and Stephen)

talking shop with Lenny during a day with the brewers event

Columbus Winter BeerFest 2010 with Stephen and Barley’s GM Jason

18th anniversary tapping with Frankie Hajduk

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

0Angle said:
    He’s in there almost daily (somebody has to make sure I’m not messing up the Scottish).

I must just miss him.
    Great pics J, you really captured that jovial spirit.
    That’s right this year will be the BIG 20 Annivesary Party! Woo Hoo!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

As a hack homebrewer and beer enthuisiast..

The famous “if I could go back and do it again” phrase… brewmaster it would be. Without question.

We’re very lucky to have Barley’s here in Columbus.

patient_zero
    Participant

Porky said:
    I must just miss him.
    Great pics J, you really captured that jovial spirit.
    That’s right this year will be the BIG 20 Annivesary Party! Woo Hoo!

Thanks! Jovial is as jovial does, here, no?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got home from work at midnight. Stayed home with a sick 5 year old (hope he is better tomorrow so he can attend his first day of kindergarten) until ThaMissus got home from her awesome job (administering grants for the Ohio Arts Council). The best job in Columbus accommodates parenthood.

Anonymous
    Inactive

patient_zero said:

18th anniversary tapping with Frankie Hajduk

I believe this picture captured the toast to Andyman. The first time in I don’t know how many years that he didn’t tap the Christmas Ale. Dang PZ. What a moment you captured.

patient_zero
    Participant

0Angle said:
    I believe this picture captured the toast to Andyman. The first time in I don’t know how many years that he didn’t tap the Christmas Ale. Dang PZ. What a moment you captured.

This I believe is true. It was a somber moment for an otherwise joyous night. Brian Phillips from CD 102 and I shared a brief moment chatting about Andyman that night, the kind of discussion that leaves a tear in your eye, and a lump in your throat. Consider yourself blessed, that one of the best jobs in Columbus put you right next to Andyman Davis.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: