Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Internet Provider

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Best Internet Provider

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

myliftkk
    Participant

I pay about $54/mo w/tax for TW 15down/2up (generally get near that with speed tests in HW). Never had any issues with them to this point, and 15down is more than enough to game with. Only see an outage about maybe once per year, usually no more than an hour at a time.

Might be worth mentioning, it’s my understanding that the TW building on Olentangy is in fact a regional data center.

Google Fiber is providing very reliable and fast internet provider declared by Netflix in month of November.

but here is list of top internet service providers in USA

>> LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN <<

Graybeak
    Participant

I have trouble trusting the opinion of a web site that can barely spell the names of the services or businesses they are reviewing.

Or, you know, complete coherent sentences.

According to Netflix, Google Fiber is ranked number one in month on November 2013. Millions of users connect to Netflix to watch movies using Google Fiber. They are very fast and reliable source of internet providers. This wireless internet service is offered by Google; therefore their performance is hard to question. If you are looking to have fast and reliable wireless broadband service, don’t think it twice. Get it.

and

TIME WAMER CABLE

Rockmastermike
    Participant

wow… that’s some poor quality linkbait URL SPAM there. Don’t bother clicking it.

Looks like it was translated to english from some unknown language by broken natural language translation software.

Anyway it’s irrelevant spam. Another userbot needs the banhammmer

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Hi I’m shopping for some decent internet and I’m willing to pay a little extra for decent speeds both up and down. So far all I can find is terrible and overpriced residential plans with very slow uploads or really expensive ethernet but nothing in between.

I can get a 10×10 Gig fiber line for $700/mo. or I can get shared internet that slows down during prime time TV that’s maybe 3-5 up / 15-25 down. Does anyone know of anything in-between? I’m really tired of spending days uploading the family videos so all the relatives can see them every time we do an event or vacation or whatever.

Thanks!

Graybeak
    Participant

Well Ned, not knowing where you are located, I don’t know if you are in the service area, but this new capaciti appears to be the bomb.

http://www.capacitinetworks.com/businessinternet/

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Wow! that 50/50 plan from Capacities looks like the ticket. Unfortunately only a very small service area downtown. Any other ideas?:

LSWillis
    Participant

I have wow and i have no problems with the service, how ever the kept jacking up my bill. i started paying [email protected],
    now i am at $159.I been with wow for 2 years, i called to lower my bill and they told me NO. So i said, if i cancel can i re-install at a better rate. They told me i had to be with out wow for 3 months. smh.I am now looking for a new company.can anyone tell me who is a good isp.

Columbussr
    Blocked

I have wow and i have no problems with the service, how ever the kept jacking up my bill. i started paying [email protected],<br>
    now i am at $159.I been with wow for 2 years, i called to lower my bill and they told me NO. So i said, if i cancel can i re-install at a better rate. They told me i had to be with out wow for 3 months. smh.I am now looking for a new company.can anyone tell me who is a good isp.

How very slimy of them, ran into a similar problem myself with another vendor/product a while back. So, do you pay $159 just for internet service, or are there other services bundled with that? If just internet, what are the stated speeds in your plan?

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I am feeling like an angry 8 year old this morning. We have WOW and our internet has been intermittent. We had a tech call and he checked the system. He could find no obvious problem but swapped out the cable modem. I just got our bill and found a $50 charge for the service call. Grrrrrr.

But then, that is like the bad old days with AT&T where if you needed any work on your phone you had to pay for it. Still, grrrrrrrr.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE