Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Hoagie in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Best Hoagie in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

mrice61
    Participant

Who has the best hoagie in Columbus was Quiznos at 10th and High back in the mid 80s. Who is it now?

drew
    Participant

mbeaumont
    Participant

Ha! For some reason I remember talking about hoagies in Junior High and everyone looked at me like I was insane. But my family is from P.A. so that explains why my mom called them that, and hence, myself as well.

Chicken
    Participant

I am really partial to the Italian Subs at Gatto’s in Clintonville. Not sure if that qualifies as a hoagie or not, though.

DavidF
    Participant

I like Jersey Mike’s, but I’m assuming there are better subs out there. So this thread holds interest for me.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

India Oak maybe?

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I second India Oak. Also, Vincenzo’s Convenient Elegance has really good, massive subs, and Brown Bag Deli has great subs too. Check out Cataland Kuzina too for just awesome sandwiches in general.

wpcc88
    Participant

India Oak is good. Susie’s Sub Shop in Linden is REAL good. Angie’s Pizza on Hamilton has a REAL good sub as well. Yogi’s Hoagies does a darn good job too!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Forgot about Yogi’s. +1

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Rioward7
    Participant

Tommy’s has the best. If you go there try the double meat italian.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Random aside: personally a big fan of adding a bit of mayo to Italian subs.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

If you’re up for a road trip, try Mike and Rosy’s in Springfield. Steamed subs!

http://mikeandrosysdeli.com/

derm
    derm
    Participant

Growing up in the Burgh, hoagies were cold. However if you want a good hot sub, DK Diner has a nice one.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Angie’s Pizza on Hamilton has a REAL good sub as well.

Ange’s does my favorite Italian Sub in the city, it’s on Noe-Bixby Road, btw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: