Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Columbus restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Columbus restaurant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>

Yojimbo wrote >>
    The Fighting Librarian and I just ate at Latitude 41[/url]and it was the best meal I’ve ever had.

Ooo, almost forgot about them! Had some wonderful ostrich there, which is tough to find around here for some reason. Just bear in mind that they may be a little pricey if you’re on a budget.

I need to give L41 another try. I only went once and was thoroughly underwhelmed. But if P and the Librarian liked it, I gotta give it another shot.
    I also need to do dinner with P and the Librarian at one of the usual spots again soon. :)

LeePaul

I’m originally from Michigan, many exclusive restaurants had wild game dishes, and expensive too. Even the CEO’s hunt up there. Not a slap at CBus, my new home, at all. Probably more to do with Detroit being an obviously more blue collar environment.

Would love to try Ostrich!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

If ya ever venture to Dallas…I’ve had some really tasty elk chops and buffalo filet mignon here.

http://www.yoranchsteakhouse.com/dinner_menu.html

I know that’s super unhelpful, but just popped into my head.

patient_zero
    Participant

LeePaul wrote >>
    What I really appreciate from this thread is the bargain hunters, as I’m one of those, of many, who has curtailed discretionary spending radically. But, I am also curious if there is a restaurant that serves a wild game dinner? (that wouldn’t be cheap though, I know).

Deepwood, L’Antibes, and Blackcreek Bistro have wild game on their menus at various times and do it well. Shoot them an email for potential dinners.

I bet you can find wild game relatively cheap if you post “wanted wild game” in the farm and garden section on Craigslist. Make friends with some hunters on there.

LeePaul

“I know that’s super unhelpful, but just popped into my head.”
    But very cool, and obviously a good time!

Thanks patient_zero, noted.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

If you become FB friends with Blackcreek Bistro, they post their daily special with a picture on Facebook. I think that rocks.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yeah, that dude just needs to go to TX. They actually do it better in Ft Worth though :) http://www.Bonnellstexas.com They source a lot of produce from one of my best friend’s family farm so I’m partial :P

I didn’t realize there was this much interest. I can bring all this shit back with me at Christmas. We ate buffalo all the time when we were between slaughters growing up. My mom will make me ostrich quesadillas and quail enchiladas while I’m home. Jesus, I am a hick.

blammo
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Yeah, that dude just needs to go to TX. They actually do it better in Ft Worth though :) http://www.Bonnellstexas.com They source a lot of produce from one of my best friend’s family farm so I’m partial :P
    I didn’t realize there was this much interest. I can bring all this shit back with me at Christmas. We ate buffalo all the time when we were between slaughters growing up. My mom will make me ostrich quesadillas and quail enchiladas while I’m home. Jesus, I am a hick.

Oh, no one thinks you’re a hick.

Although I must confess I grew up in the country but have never referred to a period of time as being “between slaughters”. LOL

Deepwood serves duck, rabbit and venison.

http://www.deepwoodrestaurant.com/pdf/fall09DiningRoomfinal.pdf

HeySquare
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

Cause you know, when I think “hick” I think “ostrich quesadillas”… ;)

joev
    Participant

HeySquare wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>

Cause you know, when I think “hick” I think “ostrich quesadillas”… ;)

Possum scrapple, maybe. But ostrich quesadillas sound more haute cuisine.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I like that this topic and the removal of squirrels are the top two threads today…. merge?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I want you to haul a whole buffalo back in the Kia.
    DOOOO IT.

And surprisingly…at least the last few years I was around…they actually do lots of stuff better in Ft. Worth.
    Goddamn you Somer…now I want some Joe T. Garcias. That patio puts any patio around here to SHAME. I’m still shocked I never fell in the pool.

And also, please bring me some bbq…like just a whole cooler filled with brisket. Mkaythanks.

LeePaul

Bonnells:
    Wow, I mean that really looks incredible!

somertimeoh:
    Is King of the Hill your favorite show?

somertimeoh
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>

Oh, no one thinks you’re a hick.
    Although I must confess I grew up in the country but have never referred to a period of time as being “between slaughters”. LOL

Well, I admit it wasn’t the most eloquent choice of words. Cows are serious business!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION