Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Columbus restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Columbus restaurant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Currently I’m leaning towards G. Michaels.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

So many really, really good restaurants in Columbus that it’s difficult to limit myself.

For fine dining, the Refectory for the Bistro menu if I’m on a budget, and Alana’s if I’m not. The risotto at Alana’s is always amazing.

For relaxing with a drink and eating comfort food, any of the Lessner associated establishments (Betty’s, Surly Girl, TipTop). Nice vibe, reasonable prices, great employees.

For a place out with friends, Banana Bean Cafe (the new one on Greenlawn). Very roomy, great food.

For cheap eats for take out – Pita Hut for just about anything on their menu, Nazareth Deli for the lentil rice, Carfagna’s Kitchen for Meat Heaven or Chicken Marsala, MiLi Cafe for a Vietnamese Sandwich.

For consistency of preparation and for the ambiance – G. Michael’s.

For brunch, you can’t beat Anna’s. Amazing Sunday brunch, unbelievable amount of really delicious food for the price.

So really, there isn’t just one “best” restaurant in Columbus. If I went to every restaurant in Columbus I’d find a good reason to go back to most of them. For a Midwestern city that isn’t taken seriously when it comes to food on a national level, we have an amazing amount of talent in our midst.

Neil Jaye

I’d have to go with Rosendale’s for the nice meal….for cheaper eats, Chile Verde on Bethel.

JimSweeney
    Participant

Common…Tommy’s Diner in F-ton? For the full-on greasy spoon National Road experience. Go there twice and Tommy will learn your name. Sit next to the sheriff, a county commissioner, or some local character. Get jostled around coming and going. I recommend the gyro salad (not exactly the greasy-spoon-i-est selection I guess).

HeySquare
    Participant

Handke’s.

Although I haven’t eaten there under the new chef, so the food may have changed.

Hael

JimSweeney wrote >>
    Common…Tommy’s Diner in F-ton? I recommend the gyro salad (not exactly the greasy-spoon-i-est selection I guess).

I have been there one time and I had the gyro salad. It hit the spot.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Scali
    Cucos
    Sage
    Aki Hana
    The Top

JimSweeney wrote >>
    Common…Tommy’s Diner in F-ton? For the full-on greasy spoon National Road experience. Go there twice and Tommy will learn your name. Sit next to the sheriff, a county commissioner, or some local character. Get jostled around coming and going. I recommend the gyro salad (not exactly the greasy-spoon-i-est selection I guess).

my favorite breakfast in the city!

citygal

Great – thanks for the suggestions, Lisathewaitress and Swampkitty! :)

joev
    Participant

I love a lot of Columbus restaurants, but the one I find myself craving most is surprisingly Lac Viet in the North Market. Bahn mi and Pho make me happy!

Other favorites: Cafe Corner, Cafe Shish Kebab on Bethel, Pistacia Vera, Barcelona and Indian Oven.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Personally I’ve gotta give it up to Church’s Chicken on Kelton/Main.

citygal

joev wrote >>
    I love a lot of Columbus restaurants, but the one I find myself craving most is surprisingly Lac Viet in the North Market. Bahn mi and Pho make me happy!
    Other favorites: Cafe Corner, Cafe Shish Kebab on Bethel, Pistacia Vera, Barcelona and Indian Oven.

For the best banh mi in town, head over to MiLi. Paired with the iced coffee there, it could easily be one of my favorite meals ever :)

karenS

The salmon patties and mac-n-cheese at Tommy’s Diner is just like mom used to make. Very yummy indeed.

As for best, that’s hard to say, although I’ve eaten at Banana Bean Cafe six or seven times in the last three weeks, so that would be right up there. The wild shrimp/corn chowder with those amazing potato chips is definitely a winner.

Bear
    Participant

Do love Tommy’s.

Come to think of it, the Linden Cafe has some very tasty chicken waffles. Haven’t had those in a while….

BetsyB

Hmmm…I stick with the tried and true….The Top…for lighter dining Tip Top and for regular favorites: Phillip’s Coney Island and Tommy’s Diner, both in Franklinton

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION