Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Cheap Lunch Spots in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Cheap Lunch Spots in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

My top 3:

Dirty Frank’s[/url]: $4-6
    Street Food[/url]: $4-8
    Cafe Brioso[/url]: $4-8

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    Captain Cream Cheese: fresh, delicious and filling. They have always-changing lunch options (if you only eat bagels for breakfast) like soups and pasta salad.

The lentil soup was awesome. How did I forget to mention C3?

TaraK wrote >>
    Frutta del Mondo on N. 4th. Amazing paninis, pleasant place, good service.
    My usual order:
    1/2 He Man Panini (a half is the size of a normal sandwich): $3.50
    A side salad (greens, two kinds of olives, peppers, tomatoes, croutons, red onion): $2.50
    A can of coke: $1.45
    And seriously, this is a big lunch! The half-panini is huge AND it comes with chips. On a not-super-hungry day, any normal person could easily get full on a 1/2 panini and chips and soda for $4.95. Their side salad is really good. Plus it’s super close to where I work.
    http://www.fruttadelmondo.com/

Glad to hear a positive review of this place. I’ve been meaning to try it forever.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Philips Coney Island on West Broad or anything at North Market are my favorites!

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant

The banh mi from the Vietnamese place in the north market is one of the best lunch deals in town IMO.

Sethers33

Cazuela’s, about a block or so north of Lane and High has a $4.99 special which includes unlimited chips and salsa.

kessler
    Participant

North Market
    J.Gumbos
    Subway
    Potbelly
    Nationwide cafeteria
    Cafe Brioso
    Dirty Franks

ETA
    food court in the convention center”Ohio center”

The 8th Flavor on 5th East of James.

Lanibug65

Krema on Goodale – $5 for a huge PB sandwich

drew
    Participant

In all of Columbus?

Meat pies at Salam Bakery[/url] (though they’re often gone by lunch)

Tacos campechanos plate at Azteco de Oro[/url]

Just about anything from Mecca Market & Grill[/url]

Ridiculously good pita sandwiches (I like the beef kubideh) at Jeddo Kabab[/url] (yes, that is how they spell it…)

Great banh mi at Mi Li Cafe[/url] – they have a new, roast pork version that breaks the bank at $5.50

Reasonably priced Somali fare at Banadir[/url]

Of course, every now and again I might just grab a quick $5 lunch at a taco truck…

TaraK
    Participant

sugarplumclarey wrote <a
    http://www.fruttadelmondo.com/

Glad to hear a positive review of this place. I’ve been meaning to try it forever.

Definitely do. Like I said, getting there can be a pain depending on where you’re coming from (i.e. I have to take 3rd across the highway then turn around and come back up 4th) but the quality of the food and the value is great. Quite a few of my coworkers have tried it and I’ve only heard positive reviews.

drew
    Participant

Someone *cough* hungrywoolf *cough* did the ‘eating on $10 a day’ challenge for VendrTV here: linky[/url]

drew
    Participant

Psssst… pretty sure Northstar is giving out free veggie burgers for Earth Day today.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I would put in a vote for the panbazo at Don Pedro’s taco truck[/url] on Cleveland Ave. Its $6 but its soooo good.

I also really like Huong’s (Vietnamese)[/url] on Morse Road and Arirang (Korean)[/url] on Bethel.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

drew wrote >>
    Someone *cough* hungrywoolf *cough* did the ‘eating on $10 a day’ challenge for VendrTV here: linky[/url]

Nice! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE