Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best Cheap Lunch Spots in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best Cheap Lunch Spots in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

After trying out the Downtown High School Cafe recently, I was thinking a bit more about some of the cheaper lunch options Downtown. While it’s not hard to find a lunch entree in the $5-10 range, the addition of drink and tip can sometimes bump it up in the $12-15 range.

So… the cheaper the better without sacrificing quality too much… what are your favorite cheap lunch spots in all of Columbus?

Tenzo
    Participant

The OSU Union
    Coney Island
    North Market
    $1 burger nights at Bar Louie
    Bar menu at Lindy’s
    potbellys

misskitty
    Participant

Mmmm Jack’s Double Cheese burger special for 5.50 is pretty good. If you don’t want the double you can get the single for 4.75. Pretty good deal. Way better then subway that is just a personal preference though.

http://www.jacksdowntowndiner.com/Lunch.html

honavery

These are all downtown, that is usually where I go out for lunch.

Cafe Napolitana[/url]
    Brioso[/url]
    Mexica[/url]
    Broad Street Bagels[/url]
    Potbelly

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Warehouse Cafe
    Hot Dog Carts
    Serenity Cafe

misskitty
    Participant

Almost forgot The cafeteria In Nationwide. Yes it is open to the public and they have tons of options.
    Also Danny’s because you can split one sandwich and have lunch for two days.

Jimbo Jones

J. Gumbo’s.

JoeMitchell

<$10

Piece of cake
    ZPizza

>=$10

Basil, $7.5 lunch special
    Rigsby’s, $10 lunch blue plate, but they increased price on salmon club and burger about 6-9 months ago
    Level, cowboy diet
    Betty’s, betty’s best salad, can’t seem to try anything else
    Lemongrass, tuna wrap
    Northstar

lisathewaitress
    Participant

out in the burbs a bit, Dosa Corner is a great place for a cheap lunch. I think the dosa are around $3 each.

Also in the summertime when the Pearl Market is happening, you can find lots of great street foods for under $5.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

off of henderson you have Hong Kong buffet which is under 5 bucks at lunch and has all you can eat crab rangoon. (crack in food form)

Downtown, I would say J Gumbos

catnfiddle
    Participant

BONO will soon be open for lunch!

lifeliberty
    Participant

$5 menues(drinks are extra)downtown; and by downtown, I mean actually DOWNTOWN

cinco; most choices
    cafe napolitana; salad and slice for $5
    J Gumbos; most choices
    subway; $5 footlongs
    Potbelly; $4.50 subs
    dirty Franks; dog and fries for $5

Not Downtown: today i went to Marinos in Grandview $5.50 fried clams. I’m stuffed. came with clams, fries and hushpuppies(I subbed extra HP instead of coleslaw)

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

El Arepazo can be a little over $5, but ’tis my favorite downtown spot along with Lac Viet at the North Market.

TaraK
    Participant

Frutta del Mondo on N. 4th. Amazing paninis, pleasant place, good service.

My usual order:

1/2 He Man Panini (a half is the size of a normal sandwich): $3.50
    A side salad (greens, two kinds of olives, peppers, tomatoes, croutons, red onion): $2.50
    A can of coke: $1.45

And seriously, this is a big lunch! The half-panini is huge AND it comes with chips. On a not-super-hungry day, any normal person could easily get full on a 1/2 panini and chips and soda for $4.95. Their side salad is really good. Plus it’s super close to where I work.

http://www.fruttadelmondo.com/

Columbusite

Captain Cream Cheese: fresh, delicious and filling. They have always-changing lunch options (if you only eat bagels for breakfast) like soups and pasta salad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE